E L E V E N

Early update because I'm not sure if I can update on Friday:)

•••

Harry nodded as he swallowed the food that felt like rocks despite it being soft in reality. His head spun with negativity, and Louis noticed. He reached his hand out, and placed it on top of Harry's trembling one. "This conversation is not anything negative, dove. Do not trouble your mind in such a manner." Sometimes Louis's mannerism as he spoke was of an older year. It had always felt different to Harry, stirring something deep within his chest.

Harry's lip was drawn in between his teeth, turning the supple flesh a ghostly white due to the lack of blood flowing towards it. "Harlow is turning six soon, and while playschool is good, she must go to school. She is an intelligent child, and I believe we must sharpen her skills," Louis said as Harlow stared up at him.

Harry relaxed although his worry did not cease. "She will be afraid."

"While I too want to protect her forever, it is unreasonable. She will grow up one day, and if we do not let her socialize in this world, she will be an outcast, dove," Louis reasoned.

He knew his alpha spoke the truth. Shielding Harlow from everything will only make her lost in this world, unknowing of what to do. He was afraid that another Arnold would appear before them. He could not help but feel as though he was failing as a parent. He failed once, and the thought of history repeating itself had him inhaling deeply to calm his racing thoughts. "I know. What if she does not like it?"

"We do not like everything we are faced with my dove, but some things need to happen in order for us to learn. Attending school will better Harlow's chances of survival in this cruel world."

"Okay."

A smile adorned Louis's features. "Wonderful! I did speak to Ms. Gallo. She is the headmistress of London Grammar School. She agreed to let Harlow sit for a simple exam to determine where she stands before placing her in the appropriate year-"

"Louis, London Grammar school is too expensive. I cannot afford it," Harry said, disheartened. He knew how great the school was, but with his earnings, he could not afford to send his daughter to such a luxurious school.

Louis held Harry's gaze with intent. "You will not pay a penny. Harlow may not be mine by blood, but she is my daughter, and I will pay for her education. You need not worry about it. You will never need to worry about anything of the sort for as long as I live, and even then-" He was cut off by Harry.

"Do not finish that sentence, alpha, please," His omega pleaded with him, voice soft, and hurt. Harry did not want to imagine a world without Louis; not now, not ever.

Louis smiled softly. "Anything for my omega," Louis conceded. Harry's lips curled into a smile as heat bloomed on the apples of his cheeks. 

»»————- ★ ————-««

Harlow had cried in Harry's embrace when she was informed of the new change while Louis drove them home. Louis—not so discreetly—let out calming pheromones that soothed both his tense omega, and crying pup.

Two tall black gates opened at the click of a button, and Louis drove down a winding pathway surrounded by greenery until they arrived at a cape cod style two story mansion. The alpha's house was much larger than Harry had anticipated, and it made him quite nervous.

Harry felt like he was intruding on Louis's life when they arrived, but he did not say anything although Louis sensed his hesitance. Louis had his warm hand splayed where Harry's spine met his derriere, comfortingly. It was foreign to Harry; walking into Louis's house that was now to be called their home.