S I X

A day late, but here it is. I feel much better now.

•••

Harry was tired, but he enjoyed what he did so he continued his work. His prosthesis lay on the floor as he continued his work. He was honestly appalled by the coding used in the company's servers. Whoever created, and maintained them had left so many gaps, and loopholes that would have been big liabilities.

Harry got to work on cleaning all of it, and changing the codes, using better firewalls. Every hacker or coder has their own watermark, and Harry was no different. He left his mark when he worked. Arnold took everything away from him, but he never forgot his coding. That was the only fruend he had when he was growing up apart from his family and his cat, Dusty. The first week he was in London, he got back into the hang of it, and updated himself on the new tricks.

Harry rarely used someone else's coding. He always used his own so looking at the messy coding used, he grimaced as it was extremely amateur. He was in for a long day, but his mind kept circling back to Harlow although he did not need to worry. His mind, and omega eased upon remembering that she was in Louis's care and he knew the alpha would look after his little Harly.

»»----- ★ -----««

Louis had Harlow seated on his lap. She was finally awake, but extremely quiet. She would look at what Louis was working on, but did not make any effort to communicate with him. "You have to eat, Harly," he said gently, grabbing the omega's bag and pulling her lunchbox out. She nodded, and accepted the food.

She was silently eating her food, when Louis smelled two people approaching. He sighed. The door was swung open, and Zayn rushed in followed by his alpha, Liam.

Harlow started shaking out of fear. Louis placed the lunchbox on his desk, and held her closer. "Can you not do that?" He glared at Zayn.

The omega stared at Harlow, having stopped dead in his tracks. "Who is that?" he asked, slowly taking a seat.

Louis stroked Harlow's hair. "This is Harlow," he informed him before directing his attention to the shaking omega. "Hey, Harly, he is not going to hurt you, okay? They are not going to hurt you. I'm here," he soothed her.

She nodded belatedly, and remained quiet as Louis wiped her tears away. "Why don't you finish eating?" he asked, as he handed the lunchbox back to her.

She accepted it once more, and continued eating. "Answer Zayn, Louis. Who is that?"

"I told you. This is Harlow,"

"Who is she?"

"I don't know how to answer that question. Now why did you so rudely barge in, scaring Harlow?" Louis shot daggers at the mated couple.

"Zayn was on his computer, then he started crying, and insisted that we come and see you," Liam explained, looking just as confused as Louis.

"Well, Zayn, care to tell me why you decided to scare a five-year old?" Louis directed at Zayn.

The omega sighed. "She is not your child, Louis. Stop acting so overprotective," and for some reason, Louis's eyes flashed red before returning to its original blue colour, scaring Liam, and Zayn. Zayn cleared his throat a bit fearfully. "Did you hire someone new in the IT department?" Zayn finally asked.

"Yes, I did," Louis replied, furrowing his brows.

"I need to meet him. It's urgent," Zayn insisted, eyes going glossy. Zayn was always a very calm omega so Louis nodded, concerned as to why he was getting emotional over Harry being employed.