F I V E

Harry could not find Harlow, and the lady at the daycare upon seeing his prosthesis peeking out of his pant leg, ignored him, and refused to answer any of his questions so he did the only thing that his brain could conjure up in his panic induced state. He rushed towards the elevator, and towards Louis's office.

He had finished his work for the day, and was planning on heading home, but before that he needed to pick Harlow up from the daycare. Except, when he arrived there, Harlow was nowhere to be seen, and the daycare staff refused to help him which he did not understand at all until their eyes trailed down to his prosthesis. He immediately fixed the area peeking out, feeling insecurity seep through him before he rushed towards the only person he knew in the building. The boss.

He knocked on the door, his hands trembling. "Come in." Louis's voice sounded from the other end, and Harry was quick to burst through the door, a tear now rolling down his face. Louis was already walking towards him, having smelled his distress before he entered. "What's wrong?" he asked as he held the back of the omega's neck. Harry sobbed. "Speak to me, love. What's wrong. I can't help you, if you won't speak to me," he said, gently pulling the omega into a hug.

"H-Harlow," he rasped out. "I can't find her. Oh God, I'm a terrible mother," he sobbed quietly.

Louis immediately pulled away, thumbing Harry's tears away. "Firstly, Harlow is fine. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, she came back up with me when I went to check on her earlier, and secondly you are not a terrible mother. You are an amazing mother, Harry." Harry looked over Louis's room only to see Harlow asleep, peacefully. He relaxed, and let out a relieved sigh.

"Sorry." He wiped his tears away. Why did he keep crying in front of Louis? Why was Louis always so nice to him? Why could he not be an absolute asshole so Harry's omega would not be attracted to him for not only his looks, but his personality as well?

"Don't apologize," Louis said as he pulled Harry towards the sofa on which Harlow was sleeping. "Never apologize to me." Louis furrowed his eyebrows. "Did the daycare staff not tell you where Harlow went?" Louis asked.

Harry hesitated because he did not want to get anyone in trouble. A finger was placed under his chin before he was looking into sharp blue eyes that sent shivers down his spine. "Do not lie to me, omega." The way Louis used the word "omega" did not sound condescending, rather, it was respectful yet demanding.

Harry sighed as he averted his gaze by looking towards the white wall opposite him. "I do not want to cause any trouble."

With the same finger under the omega's chin, Louis gently moved his face until their eyes met. "You are not causing any trouble. They should have been able to answer you, and instead, they caused you distresss, you will tell me the truth. You will tell me what happened," Louis's tone was more demanding, and it made Harry reluctant to lie or withhold the truth.

With a soft sigh, Harry finally gave in. "I went there after I finished my work, and I removed my prosthesis while I was working, as you asked me to so when I went to the daycare, a bit of it was peeking through my pant leg. I asked the omegas who worked there where Harlow was, and upon seeing my prosthesis peeking out through my pant leg, they looked disgusted, and ignored me. I got scared because if something were to happen to my baby, I would go insane. Since they were not helping me, I did the only thing I could think of. I came to you," Harry explained.

Louis's nostrils flared dangerously, and the anger radiated through his scent, but within seconds, he suppressed it when he felt Harry tense. "I will take care of it, and I am glad you came to me. Come to me when you are in trouble or you just simply wish for company," Louis's voice grew softer towards the end, and his thumb stroked Harry cheek. Harry gravitated towards the rough hand holding his face gently as if he were made out of glass, so brittle that a simple touch would shatter it.