・Request ~ Kurapika x Female Reader・

Request from starwarslover_13
Thank you so much for requesting and I hope you enjoy!

・・・

(Y/n) blink at the clock with sleepy eyes next to her bedside. The gentle sunlight gives a morning hue to the room. It's around 9 in the morning when she has awoken. She arises from the sheets that she and Kurapika share. She stretches with a big yawn and scratches her head. (Y/n)'s eyes trails over to where Kurapika is supposed to be. It was empty with a lot of space filled with crinkled sheets where he once laid. She lets out a soft sigh, "He must be at work already. Missed him again..."

(Y/n) always tries and make it her goal to wake up before or around the same time as Kurapika, just to catch him and spend a few moments with him before he takes off to work again, but her dreams snatch it away. She flings the blanket off her legs and swings them over the edge of the mattress. It was quite chilly. Her toes met the warm rug compared to the chilly atmosphere. She forces herself to sit up.

"Alright... Hmmm..." She closes her eyes, thinking about the day ahead of her. "You know what... I'll try to be productive today." (Y/n) whispers to herself in a raspy voice. She gives her legs one final stretch before finally standing up. She walks past a wardrobe table that is holding countless skin products and random items, and also a framed picture of (y/n)'s and Kurapika's smiling faces.

She stares at it, "Kurapika's been working so much lately... I wonder how he is doing?" As she walks into the bathroom, (Y/n) thinks to herself about the last time she and Kurapika spend some quality time together. That felt like a while ago to her.

After getting herself together for the day and cooking up breakfast. She decided to clean the kitchen first.

She takes a fresh rag from one of the drawers and a spray bottle. "Alright task one." She wipes down the tabletops and counters, remembering the times where she and Kurapika would cook or bake many dishes that originated from the Kurta Clan. Kurapika always told her that he misses his mother's cooking so much and (y/n) cooks the same way his mother does.

・・・

(Y/n) leaned on the countertop with anxiety. Kurapika right next to her, an arm resting on the counter and the other with the spoon. He tasted the dish that they had both just finished making. "Wow... I'm actually about to tear up...aha!" Kurapika covers his mouth as he savors the flavors a little longer with a smile. (Y/n) gives him a worried look, "Oh? Why is that? Is it burnt and tasted bad? See, I told you I'm a horrible cook!" Kurapika busted out laughing, dipping the spoon in the dish for another bite, "Of course not! You just- it's the way my mother used to make it." He quiets down. (Y/n) stares at him and then give him a warm smile, "Well then, I'll cook this dish often then!" Kurapika settles the spoon down and pats her head as he leans his waist against the edge of the countertop. "Thank you, love."

・・・

"Bathroom time." (Y/n) chimes... with disappointment. Cleaning the bathroom was always saved for last, simply because, it's the bathroom. The place where there will most likely be a mysterious roach crawling around and (y/n), oh (y/n) hates cockroach. (If you're not scared of roaches, pretend you are ToT) (Y/n) puts on her yellow rubber gloves that overlap her hands. The gloves were pretty big as it covers most of her forearm. She takes out the Windex bottle and a new fresh rag, different from the one she has used for the kitchen.

The bathroom is pretty medium size. When you first walk in, the first thing you would see in the bathtub. High above the bathtub is a small window that is blurry and untransparent. The sun streams into the bathroom with euphoria, but in the knick-knacks of the corners, there must be something growing there.