Chapter 2

I was now curled up in the backseat of the unknown man's car. I didn't know where he was taking me. He could be taking to me to a place where he could do to me what he had done to those other men. But to be honest, at that moment I didn't care for that. He still hadn't said anything to me. Earlier on he had opened the door for me and I had entered the car without any hesitations whatsoever. The blood that was coating my chest and breasts was now dry and sticky on me. The blood wasn't the problem though, the problem was the pain that I was feeling between my legs but for my sanity I chose to focus on the blood. I realized later that I was crying. Not loudly or anything. No. Silently. I quickly wiped away my tears. I hated crying. Back then, the man that had kidnapped me when I had been 7 years old, he would make me do things to him if I cried. So ever since then I made sure to swallow my tears. Crying became a dirty and disgusting reminder of all the things that man had made me do to him. I can't believe that this happened to me again. How was I going to live with myself? My life was over already in my books. There was no way I was going to be able to survive and get through this trauma. I don't even know how many of those men had... No. I won't go there. The car suddenly came to a stop. The unknown man got out of the car and opened my door. I sat up slowly and looked where he had taken me. It was a hospital. He brought me to a hospital?! My whole body started to shake. I hated hospitals. Ever since I had been rescued and brought to the hospital that time and I had been pricked and poked on by those nurses and doctors, I developed a deep hatred for hospitals. I shook my head.
Me: "Not here. Please." I said pulling the blanket over me tightly to me. The unknown man didn't say anything. He just stood there waiting for me to get out... "please please please. No hospitals. Please." I pleaded with him with a shaky voice. I was on the verge of crying. I got a bitter taste inside my mouth. The unknown man kept on standing there with his hand on the door waiting. Why wasn't he saying anything? Didn't he get that I didn't want to be here? I would've preferred if he had dumped me on the side of the road than him bringing me here. I don't know how long I sat there shaking and with him just standing there waiting for me to get out without saying anything. But what I know was that, it was for the longest of times. This man had the patience of a rock, I tell you. I got out of the car slowly and I bit on my lower lip hard that I even tasted blood, just to stop myself from wincing from the pain between my legs. The unknown man closed the door and then he turned and started walking towards the entrance. Well, I wouldn't say what he was doing was walking. It was more like he was marching. He took big steps as he went along. I was still standing where he had left me beside the car. When he realized that I wasn't following behind him, he stopped and turned and looked at me still with that blank look of his. After a short while of just looking at me, he then started to march back towards me. I moved back a few steps and my back connected with the car. He stopped right in front of me and looked down on me with those eyes of his. I shivered squeezing tightly on the hold I had on the blanket... "please take me home. I really don't want to be here." Something flashed in his eyes, and then it was gone again before I could decipher what it was that I had seen. He grabbed me by my arm and then he was pulling me along with him to the entrance of the hospital. I tried to halt and drag my feet but I was no match for him. My cries and pleadings fell into deaf ears.

I was now in the examination room with the doctor. The way I was shaking petrified inside. You guys had no idea. I was standing at the corner of the room as far away as possible from the doctor. She just smiled at me and waited patiently on me.
Me: "I don't want to be here." I said in a small voice. I don't know how many times I had told her that same thing.
Doctor: "I know that honey." She said gently... "but I'm not your enemy here. I'm trying to help you. Or do you want to wait for your parents to get here to begin-."
Me: "Parents!" I exclaimed in shock and terror... "you people called my parents?!" I yelled. How did they even know their contact details?
Doctor: "Yes honey. The man that brought you here, gave us their contact details. He was very insistent that we call them." What?! How did he know my parents' contact details?
Me: "Where is he now..." I swallowed... "that man?"
Doctor: "He left honey." He left?! I don't know what I expected but hearing that he left, hurt me in a way which was ridiculous in itself. I mean, I didn't know the man so why would I be hurt by his leaving? Didn't make sense. At all. But I was hurt. How could he bring me here and then decide to leave me all alone? Technically I wasn't alone, but still... "do you mind telling me what happened honey?"
Me: "Can you stop calling me honey. I'm not a stupid child that I was back then okay?!" I yelled.
Doctor: "I'm sorry hon-." She cut herself off... "I just want to help you-."
Me: "I don't need your help. I'm fine. I want to go home."
Doctor: "You're sure you don't want to do the examination? This will help to make sure that the people who did this to you don't go unpunished-."
Me: "I don't care for that. I won't be pressing any charges." Those men were dead anyway. So pressing charges would be useless. Not like I was going to tell her that... "can I go home now?"
Doctor: "I can't force you to do anything that you don't want but have to, but I would at least advice you in taking the medication that will prevent you from contracting any sexual transmitted diseases and from getting pregnant."
Me: "You don't have to worry about me getting pregnant. I prevent." I told her shrugging... "just give me the pills and let me be on my way." I was trying to act braver and stronger than I was. I wanted to get this over and done with before my parents got here. I didn't want to see them. God no. I couldn't. My parents and I never saw eye to eye. Nothing I did was ever good in their eyes. That's why I had decided 2 years ago to move out from home and live by myself. I was sharing rent with this other friend of mine. Our apartment was close to school so it was a win win situation. I could just imagine the looks in their faces when they got here and saw me. No, I couldn't people. The doctor had no choice but to do as what I wanted. One thing I knew was that, she needed my consent to examine me. Without my consent, she couldn't do anything. I got the pills and I hightailed out of there as quickly as possible. People were giving me looks which was to be expected since I'm sure I looked a mess with only that blanket covering my body. When I got outside, I realized that I didn't have any way to get home. I had no money for a cab or anything. I decided to walk home even though it was dark out and it would take me hours and hours on end to get to my apartment.

I don't know for how long I've been walking for, but I'm sure 2 hours had passed already. I was feeling dizzy and tired. My face was aching and also the pain between my legs was not helping matters. My feet were also starting to burn in the worst possible way. I was a joke. Some cars hooted as they passed by me but no one stopped. I think I was on the highway. To be honest, I didn't know where I was going anymore. I was just letting the road lead me to anywhere. Memories of what happened to me earlier on, mixed with those ones that happened 13 years ago, started to overflow my mind. The familiar whispers of voices sounded in my ears. No please not now. Please. I pleaded with my sanity. The whispers became louder and louder that I couldn't hear anything else but them. I wasn't seeing anything in front of me now. It was like I was blind. It got like this sometimes when the whispers got too loud. I went blind. To put it plainly, the whispers brought darkness with them. I staggered on my feet as the whispers attacked my mind. I was going to pass out. I got that tingling inside my head, the one I usually got when the whispers got too much for my brain to handle. I felt myself falling and then I was out.

When I woke up, I still had my blanket on me but I was laying on a stranger's bed. I blinked a few times trying to get my bearings. It was the next day. In the morning. I guess. The sun was out. I looked around to where I was before I could go on full panic. From where I was laying on the bed, I could see a kitchen, one lone couch and a TV. This was one of those studio like places where everything was all in one big space. Apart from the things I mentioned, it was empty. Well, there were clothes strewn over here or there on the floor. From my assessment, it was a bachelor's pad. A man lived here. As my ears opened, I heard the shower running. My eyes fell on the closed door and my heart started to beat faster. I pulled my blanket close to my body tightly and tried to think on what had happened for me to be here. Okay, so the last thing I remember is me passing out beside the road. So I guess a strange man must've picked me up and brought me to his pad. Did he do anything to me? My body still felt the same though. I mean even though the pain between my legs was still there but the pain now was much better than before. I didn't feel like I had been sexually assaulted more than I had been. The shower stopped running and I sat up quickly on the bed with my heart in my throat. God! I was so scared to see who was behind that door. After a few minutes, the door opened and a man came out with only a towel wrapped around his waist. It was him. Yes. Him. The unknown man. He paused when he saw that I was awake. Then he walked to the kitchen and poured himself water and drank. Then he walked back towards the bedroom section and dropped his towel right there like I wasn't in the room. My mouth hung opened at his nakedness as he pulled on his pants and his shirt. All the time he was getting dressed, his eyes were on me. I closed my mouth and looked away even if it was too late to do so since I had already seen everything and now he was fully clothed. I can't believe I had gawked at him like a horny teenager! And I also can't believe that he had gotten naked in front of me like it was nothing. I mean, who does that?!
Me: "You left me." That's the first thing I blurted out to him after a short while. My face went red with shame. I can't believe I just said that! Could you be any more embarrassing Khazie?! Geez! He didn't say anything. Of course. He just stared at me with that blank look of his... "well...not like I needed you or anything but...you should've at least given me a heads up and not just leave me there just like that without saying anything." I blabbered on. Shut up shut up Khazie! I shouted at myself inwardly... "how did you know my parents' contact details by the way?" I asked him... "that doctor at the hospital said you told them to call my parents." He didn't offer any response. Nothing. A realization came over me. That maybe he was deaf! Maybe that's why he hasn't been responding to all the things that I had been saying. He was deaf! That was the only explanation for his silence... "are you deaf?" Way to go Khazie! Are you really asking a deaf person if they're deaf? Well done! I hit my forehead. Stupid! The unknown man just turned and walked over to the kitchen. And I watched him as he made food. I don't know why I felt safe with him but I did. I slowly got off the bed and walked to the kitchen with tentative steps. I still had my blanket close tightly to my body. I stood by the counter and studied him. He was tall, broad and dark-skinned. Even with the scars on his face, he looked handsome. He had big hands and long fingers and the same applied to his feet. After he was done, he passed the plate of food to me. He folded his arms and looked at me. I shook my head..."I'm not hungry but thanks." He kept those eyes on me... "really I'm not hungry. Can you take me home now." He said nothing... "Khazie he can't hear you. He's deaf remember?" I hit my forehead. Stupid. And yes, I said all of that out loud. I mean, it's not like he could hear me or anything. He was deaf. I didn't know any sign language so I gestured with my hands that I didn't want to eat. There was no reaction from him whatsoever. I sighed in defeat and ate the food slowly. He watched me as I ate which was unnerving as hell... "could you not do that please." When he continued to watch me I sighed and carried on eating. What a weirdo!............