Chapter 3

After I ate as much as I could, the unknown man made me take the pills that the doctor had given me. Didn't even know how he knew about them.
Me: "Can you take me home now?" Even as I said that, there was a part of me that didn't want to go home. Which was crazy because this man was a stranger and I needed to go back to my life. I'm sure my friends were wondering where I was. I mean I had been abducted without them knowing anything and they had no way of contacting me since my phone had been on the dresser the night I had been abducted. I'm sure they were going out of their minds. And there was also the issue with my parents. I'm sure they were now sick with worry since they arrived at the hospital with me not there. Even though the relationship between my parents and I was a bit rocky, since I wasn't exactly the world's best daughter to them, I know that they loved me very much and I also loved them as much. I think what drove a wedge or what continues to drive a wedge between my parents and I, was the fact that they struggled to know how to deal with what happened to me all those years ago. They honestly didn't know how to go about helping me. And because of the guilt they carried as to what happened to me, they kind of like distanced themselves from me. What they failed to understand was that I just needed them to be there for me. But they weren't. They just threw me into therapy and hoped that it would save me. But therapy hadn't done that. I don't think therapy was going to be any help for me, especially now. Things were just way way worse now than before. I couldn't see how I was going to get through this. But it was funny how in the presence of this unknown man, I felt like everything was going to be okay. That I was going to be okay. Which was ridiculous really. I didn't know him. Hell, I didn't even know his name. How could I feel like that towards a stranger? I think that was the main reason I wanted to leave and go home. I was scared. Terrified really, of these feelings I had towards this man. I was starting to depend on him. Starting to make him my life line. Which was definitely not the right thing to do. I couldn't depend on anyone but myself. People were unreliable. I mean, what will become of me if he ends up leaving? Because let's face it, I'm nothing to him. Yes, he saved me but didn't mean he wanted anything to do with me. I mean, who would want a woman that was broken and damaged goods? No one. Trust me. I also wouldn't want me. Instead of the unknown man taking me home, he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the bathroom. He opened the door and shoved me in gently, and closed the door behind me. I guess he wanted me to shower. I took a shaky breath as I held on to blanket more tightly against my body. There's no way in hell I was taking the blanket off. I just knew that if I took it off, I was going to lose it. And I didn't want to lose it. Already my sanity was holding on by a thin thread. I got into the shower with the blanket wrapped around me. I opened the tap for cold water to full blast and I just stood there under the shower head and let the water just fall on me without moving a muscle. I don't know for how long I stood under there like that, but I know it was for a long ass time. By the time I was out, I was shivering like hell with my teeth chattering but I didn't mind at all. At least feeling cold would distract me from thinking about what had been done to me. I saw my reflection in the mirror and my face was all bruised up. It was from those punches that Scar face had given me. Damn him! I looked ugly as hell now. I don't want to blow my own horn guys but my face was all I had going for me. And Scar face had kind of ruined it that for me. Can't believe that all this time the unknown man had been looking at this bruised up and ugly face of mine. For some reason, I wanted him to see me as beautiful. Do you guys see why I needed to go home and get away as far as possible from him? He was dangerous for me. I got out from the bathroom all wet and shivering. I'm sure I was a sight to behold. The unknown man had been by the kitchen when I had exited the bathroom. When he saw me, he scowled unhappily and marched up to me and tried to remove the blanket from me.
Me: "N-no no p-please." I pleaded with him holding tightly on the blanket. When he continued to try and remove the blanket from me I screamed crazily and loud. He backed away and rubbed his face in frustration. I stopped screaming and curled to myself on the floor shaking and rocking myself back and forth. The unknown man went to grab a blanket from his wardrobe. It was bigger than the one I was holding onto. He came and wrapped me with it. He disappeared into the bathroom and came back with a towel in his hands. He got into his haunches in front of me and he began to dry my hair gently with the towel. I stopped rocking back and forth and stared up at him with my mouth opened. He was focused on what he was doing. I blinked a few times and swallowed down my tears. I swear him drying my hair so gently was almost my undoing. I had a very strong urge to cry right there and then. And I didn't do tears. But for this man, I almost did. And the crazy thing was, I wanted to give all my tears to him. Maybe it was this moment right here that had made me fall in love with him. I'm not sure... "w-who a-are you?" I asked in a small and shaky voice. My teeth were still chattering. He paused his drying of my hair and his eyes fell on mine holding me captive. After a while, he blinked and cleared his throat and continued to dry my hair... "you're not deaf are you?"
Him: "No." I couldn't help the gasp that came out of me in hearing his voice. His voice was rough and deep.
Me: "You seriously made me believe that you were deaf this whole time?" I was a little peeved. He said nothing... "what's your name?" Still nothing. Seriously?! This guy! After making my heart flatter so much, he still didn't want to tell me his name! ... "please tell me your name. Who are you?" Nothing... "please." I pleaded... "I-I need to know your name." I said desperately with my voice cracking in the end. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.
Him: "Why?"
Me: "Because...because..." I trailed off and swallowed... "because...I think...that I love you." His eyes widened a bit. He was shocked. I was also shocked at what I just said. I'm sure my face was red with embarrassment. You're out of your mind Khazimle! ... "I-I d-didn't m-mean..." I bit my lower lip not knowing what to say. He cleared his throat and stood up backing away from me. His back was to me now. He had his hands on his waist. Oh my gosh! Why did I say that? Stupid stupid stupid! Did I really love him? I didn't know. But even if I did, why did I have to go opening my big mouth about it to him? I should've kept it to myself. Now he was for sure going to leave me. My heart constricted in pain. I once again had to swallow down my tears... "I-I'm s-sorry. Forget all about what I just said please. I'll leave now." I told him getting up to my feet. I walked slowly towards the door with my heart breaking. I didn't understand this at all. Why did I feel so strongly about him? It didn't make sense. Before I could open the door he suddenly grabbed and turned me around to him. He opened his mouth like he was about to say something but then he closed it again shaking his head. His eyes looked conflicted about something.
Him: "Stay." He blurted out.
Me: "W-what?"
Him: "Stay."
Me: "No...I-I need to go home. My parents and friends must be worried-."
Him: "I'll take care of you." I stared up at him speechless with butterflies in my stomach. Stupid stupid butterflies. I wasn't really considering staying here with him and letting him take care of me as he was saying, was I? I think I was. Stupid!
Me: "W-what?" I said in a breathy voice with my heart beating crazily in my chest.
Him: "I'll take care of you."