Chapter 9

He opened the car door for me, and I slid in and he went to get in on his side. And then we were off. Even though I felt a little bad for Anga, but how the king had handled him, had been hot as hell. I won't lie. Such a badass this king of mine. Yes, you heard me. Mine. I was claiming him back.. Anyway I still couldn't believe that I was going home with him.
Me: "Am I really going to stay with you?" He just nodded. I smiled happily... "how did you convince my parents?"
Kumkani: "Just told them the truth."
Me: "Which is?"
Kumkani: "That I'll take care of you."
Me: "That's it?"
Kumkani: "That you need me." I lost my smile a little.
Me: "Oh." I said wringing my hands a little.
Kumkani: "Don't you?"
Me: "Yes. I do." I said softly.
Kumkani: "Talk to me beautiful." This man people!
Me: "I-I-it's just that I wonder if it's bad of me to need you like I do." I shared with him. He said nothing... "is it bad?"
Kumkani: "I also need you...so..." He shrugged.
Me: "You need me?" I asked turning to him. He said nothing... "really? But why would you need me?" Nothing... "whatever the reason, I'm happy that you need me." I told him smiling. He looked at me briefly and then focused on the road ahead... "I still can't believe that my parents said yes to all of this. Especially my mother." I told him... "I thought she was against me being with you-."
Kumkani: "She is."
Me: "Did she tell you that?" Silence... "by the way, what did you and my father talk about that day at hospital when he called you aside?" Silence. I huffed... "you only tell me things when you want to. Whereas, I tell you everything." He didn't say anything to that but he did take my hand into his and squeezed it. I sighed. This is how he was Khazie. You just have to get used to it... "can you at least tell me for how long I'm going to stay with you?"
Kumkani: "Until I have to go again." My heart constricted in pain.
Me: "When is that?" Nothing... "don't tell me you'll be gone for another 3 months." I said in a panic. Nothing... "King!"
Kumkani: "No matter how long it takes, you wait."
Me: "But-."
Kumkani: "Trust." I released a frustrated sigh.
Me: "I don't even know where you disappear to. You won't tell me anything!" I raised my voice... "maybe you have a wife and kids somewhere and that's where you go when you disappear."
Kumkani: "No." That's all he said.
Me: "Really? How can I be sure of that?"
Kumkani: "I never lie. Never to you." I closed my mouth. I didn't know what to say to that. The way he said what he said was so believable. It was like a vow or something. I exhaled. He wrapped his pinkie around mine. Knowing what that meant to us made me blink a couple of times. To a 7 year old me, he had made and had kept his pinkie promises to me so what was stopping me from believing him now? He would tell me all that he needed to tell me in due time. I just needed to be patient and wait on him. I could do that. Even if it wasn't going to be easy but I would. And all that mattered now was that we were together. That I was going to be staying with him. So I decided to focus on those things, and as for the others, to let them be.

When we got to his place though, I became shy and nerves filled my stomach all of a sudden. I don't know why. Even though it wasn't going to be the first time being here with him alone, but it felt different this time around for some reason. He went to the kitchen and began to make me food which brought back a lot of memories. I released a shaky breath. I had thought that I wouldn't get to have this again. I had thought he had thrown me away. But he hadn't. This man wanted me for some bizarre reason. He was not disgusted or revolted at the fact that I was damaged goods. No. That wasn't it at all. He actually wanted me. He had claimed me in front of my parents and Anga. Said that I was his so many times I could count. Tears filled my eyes. He must've sensed something because his focus turned to me. I tried not to let the tears fall but it was impossible this time. I wiped them away quickly.
Me: "I'm sorry." I said sniffing... "I don't know why I'm crying. I mean, I hate crying-."
Kumkani: "Come to me." I shook my head.
Me: "I'm fine. I'm just being stupid-."
Kumkani: "Won't repeat myself." I exhaled and went to him slowly. He pulled me into his arms the second I was in a reachable distance to him hugging me without saying anything but to me it was like he said everything with that hug alone. No words were needed... "go and freshen up beautiful. Your food will be ready when you're finished." He said after a long while of us hugging in silence. I nodded and he let me go but not before brushing his lips lightly on my forehead.

When I was finished showering it was as he had said. My food was ready and waiting for me on the counter.. I was in his t-shirt and shorts. Both of them were big on me. I had missed being in his clothes and the look he gave me when I was in them. I was sitting on one of the counter chairs eating while he watched me do so. He was standing by the sink. A safe distance from me.
Me: "Why aren't you eating? Not hungry?" He gave me a stiff nod. I couldn't help myself but to take a sniff on the t-shirt I was wearing. I know I know. It was a little creepy but if you were in my shoes you would to too.
Kumkani: "Like your man's scent?" Holy mother of God! Butterflies fluttered in my stomach like crazy.
Me: "Yes." His eyes blazed with inferno.
Kumkani: "You eat. I'll go take a shower." He sounded so angry. He then marched all the way into the bathroom. I blew out a shaky breath while fanning myself. Wow! Was it hot in here or was it me? Lord have mercy! Woah! After I was done eating, I rinsed my plate and went to the couch and switched on the TV. Nothing interesting was on so I opted for one of the music channels. One of my favorite songs was playing so I sang and hummed along with it. The king came out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist. I swallowed. Gosh! All that chest and muscles. Damn! Even though I've seen him naked so many times, because the man was just so unashamed and unbothered about his nakedness, that when he let his towel drop to the floor this time I couldn't seem to contain my surprised gasp and I couldn't seem to take my eyes away from him. I swallowed as my breath came out in short and tiny quick breaths. What was worse was that his member was standing up in attention down there. It was long and thick. I was sick sick sick. Wasn't I supposed to get disgusted right about now? But I wasn't. I looked away from him and tried to put all my focus on the TV even though it was hard. What was happening to me? I've seen him naked before and I hadn't reacted like I was now. What had changed? I mean, I had been attracted to him before but this was worse than attraction. When he was finished putting lotion on his body and putting on some clothes, he joined me on the couch. We weren't touching but we were sitting so close to each other. My nipples perked up. I brought my knees to my chest to hide myself. I didn't understand my body's reaction at all. Before the king, my body had never reacted like as it was now. Anything that had to do with arousal disgusted me to the core and made me feel so dirty. But now, I didn't feel any of that. It scared me. What the hell? He took the remote and changed the channel to a sport's one.
Me: "Hey! I was watching that." I said trying to make a grab for the remote but he ran it away from me. Mxm! ... "sports are boring." I grumbled.
Kumkani: "To you." Eshe!
Me: "Mxm!" I sulked folding my arms. I found his eyes on me. If someone could laugh with his eyes, I would say that's what the king was doing now. He was laughing at me with his eyes. I know it sounded crazy but that's how it looked... "are you seriously laughing at me right now?" He said nothing but he was, I swear. His eyes were shining... " do you know that you're annoying." Nothing... "watch your sports then, don't watch me." I sassed since he still had those eyes on me. After a short while he did just that... "by the way, how old are you?" I asked after a long while.
Kumkani: "35." I don't want to lie I was a little shocked. I had known that he was old but not this old. He was 15 years my senior! Oh my gosh!
Me: "Wow! You're old."
Kumkani: "Thanks." I laughed.
Me: "You're 15 years older than me." He said nothing... "you're old enough to have children."
Kumkani: "Don't have." He told me... "want to give me some?" Oh my gosh! I blushed. Did he just say that?
Me: "Stop playing with me." I said hitting his arm.
Kumkani: "I'm not." He was serious. Holy moly! I looked away from him with nerves making my stomach tight with knots... "not now beautiful. But someday."
Me: "King..."
Kumkani: "Someday. Okay?" Oh my gosh! Lendoda!
Me: "We might not still be together by then." He said nothing to that. Did he agree with me? My heart constricted in pain. He had been joking. He had to be. Neither of us said anything after that.

We were in bed now. I was cuddled in him. I was drowsy with sleep. Our legs were tangled with each other. It was nice. Really nice.
Kumkani: "Someday beautiful. I meant it." He whispered... "never letting you go." Oh my God! ... "okay?"
Me: "Okay." I heard myself agreeing.
Kumkani: "Sleep." He ordered giving me a squeeze and I did just that...........