Chapter 31

Me: "Didn't y-you hear all that I-I just said?"
Kumkani: "I did." He said giving my neck a squeeze.
Me: "Then w-why-."
Kumkani: "All the things you are scared of won't happen little beauty because I won't leave you. Ever." He told me strongly.
Me: "But-."
Kumkani: "Trust." God!
Me: "King-."
Kumkani: "Don't you trust your man now?" This man!
Me: "King I-."
Kumkani: "Don't you trust your man?" He asked again. Gosh! He was killing me.
Me: "I do." I answered in a whisper.
Kumkani: "And you love your man don't you?" Lendoda! ... "don't you beautiful?"
Me: "Yes...I do." He eyes flashed with satisfaction.
Kumkani: "Then that's all you need to do. Love and trust me, and I will take care of the rest beautiful. You hear?"
Me: "But-."
Kumkani: "No buts." He cut me off... "love and trust. That's all you need to do. Okay?" Oh my gosh! Lomntu! I could feel myself caving. I wanted to throw caution to the wind and take a leap of faith but I was still scared. Very scared. What if I did agree to marry the king and all my fears ended up coming through? I was still far from being okay. Could I really be someone's wife? Could I really heal? I didn't know but I wanted to try both badly. Be the king's wife and to heal. I thought about how it would feel to be the kings wife and him my husband and my soul actually smiled. It was telling me that I should agree and that the king was the best and only choice. He would do everything that he promised me. He would love me. Protect me. Take care of me. And never get tired of me and I wouldn't get tired of him. My whole body was shaking now... "okay beautiful?"
Me: "Okay." I heard myself saying. Wait... Did I really just agree to be the king's wife bethu? Don't be stupid. Oh my God! Oh my God! I did it. I agreed and I felt like there was no turning back even if I wanted to. The smile that broke out of the king's face made the tightness in my heart together with my worries to ease away completely. It was a smile of pure joy and happiness. This man really wanted to marry me people. He really wanted me as his wife. He really loved me. All that was visible on his handsome face right now.
Kumkani: "Say you'll be my wife." He ordered.
Me: "King..."
Kumkani: "I want to hear it. Say it." Gee! He was so dictatorial this king of mine. I took a shaky breath.
Me: "I-I'll be your wife King-." And then he kissed me. The kiss was so rough. So dominant. So passionate. So consuming. So raw. It was everything.
Kumkani: "You will never regret this day beautiful. I will give you the world. Just you watch." He said in this guttural voice that was so sexy against my tingling lips and before I could say anything, he kissed me again. I don't how long our second kiss went on for but it went on for forever. When our lips finally broke apart we were both breathing heavily and harshly. My lips felt so abused in a good way. Damn this man could kiss. Yikes!... "I'm sorry I didn't give you a warning beautiful." I couldn't help the giggle that came out of me. Lendoda!  He still remembered what I had said all those months ago last year. He'll be the death of me I tell you.
Me: "A warning?" I raised my eyebrow... "you mean warnings as in plural since you kissed me twice." I said teasing him. And then the king did something I didn't expect, at all. He laughed. Yes people. He laughed. It wasn't one of those loud or booming laughs. No. It was both soft and rough at the same time. Can't explain how but it sounded so manly. The manliest of laughs I've ever heard. The corners of his eyes were in a crease and his mouth was spread wide into a smile with his teeth showing as his whole body shook. I took all of this in as my king continued to laugh. Oh my God! I thought he had looked breathtaking when he smiled. I had been wrong. A laughing King, was astounding to the point where it was unreal...unnatural. How could a person be this handsome? Even with the scars..."you just laughed." I blurted out the obvious like a idiot after his laugh had died down. He said nothing but I loved the way he was looking at me. His eyes were full of tenderness and love. For me. I said for me! We heard you. Geez!
Me: "You should laugh more."
Kumkani: "You also said I should smile more." I had.
Me: "Then you should do both of them more." I sassed. His eyes did that shining thing of theirs.
Kumkani: "I will."
Me: "Promise?" He nodded. I raised my pinkie and this time he did smile as he wrapped his pinkie around mine.
Kumkani: "Promise." I smiled satisfied.