Chapter 41

As the king told Dr. Nongogo a made up story about himself, I sat there bleeding greatly on the inside. I wanted to go into a dark corner to hide myself. Dr. Nongogo's betrayal and adding on the fact that strangers, who had bad intentions toward me, had all the recordings that contained my pain and suffering was just too much for me to comprehend and to handle. The barrier I had built threatened to come falling down. But I told myself to stay strong and to hold on. That no matter what, my man was going to take care of me. So that's what I did. I held on for dear life as the darkness wanted to take over. The universe was really fighting with me. It didn't want to give me break. When I was just started to feel better, this happens. I don't even want to think what would've happened if the king hadn't found out about all of this, because thinking about that alternative made my blood run cold. After the king was finished, he indicated to Dr. Nongogo to stop the recording.
Kumkani: "When they come to collect, you give them that. I will take care of the rest. Understood?" She nodded.
Kumkani: "Good. Let's go little beauty-."
Dr. Nongogo: "B-But what i-if they find out that we tricked them, then what? What will happen to me or my family?" She asked in a panic... "please please please, nothing can happen to my family. Please I beg of you. Help me please. Protect me and my family." The king said nothing and Dr. Nongogo began to cry again... "please help me. I know I was wrong but please I had no choice. Those people will kill me and my family. Please." The king sighed.
Kumkani: "Didn't I say I was going to take care of the rest doc? So lay your worries to rest. Protection will be provided for you and your family."
Dr. Nongogo: "Oh thank you thank you thank you. Thank you so much." She clasped her hands in front of her as thanked the king crying.
Kumkani: "Don't thank me. Thank my little beauty here because I know even though she's hurt by your betrayal, she wants nothing bad to happen to you and your family. My little beauty is kind like that."  He told her... "honestly if it wasn't for her, I would've put a bullet through your skull long time ago."
Dr. Nongogo: "Thank you thank you Khazimle." I gritted my teeth as I fisted my hand as I shook with anger.
Me: "Let's go." I said to the king.
Dr. Nongogo: "Wait... I'm really really sorry Khazimle. Please find it in your heart to forgive me. I never meant-."
Me: "Don't want to hear it. Have a nice life Dr. Nongogo." And the the king and I left.

Kumkani: "I will take care of all of it my moon. Don't worry." He told me... "I will get all the recordings and then I will make sure that they all bleed."
Me: "I know."
Kumkani: "I'm sorry that you're heartbroken about your therapist. I know how much she meant to you." I closed my eyes as my heart constricted in pain. I had my head against the window. The king had intertwined our hands on his lap... "just hold on for me until we get back to my place and then I'll take care of you. Okay?"
Me: "Okay."

I was now in his arms on top of the bed covers. Earlier on when had arrived, I had cried and cried. Besides being heart broken because of the obvious, it was also heartbroken because starting from today Dr. Nongogo wasn't my therapist. There was no way I could ever trust her again. So I mourned and mourned for her in my heart as if she were dead. I held on to the king as comforted me. I had to go home but wasn't ready to yet. Wasn't ready to face my parents about Dr. Nongogo.
Me: "How am I going to tell my parents?"
Kumkani: "I will tell them beautiful."
Me: "My mother is going to be heartbroken." I told him after a short while... "my mother had formed a bond with her over what happened to me. She trusted her and had her in high regard. But now..." I sighed... "all of this is just so fucked up." The king gave me a squeeze... "how could she? How could she do this to me?" I asked him... "I mean...okay I understand that she was in a tight spot and all but still...it doesn't make her betrayal any less painful."
Kumkani: "I know my moon. But trust me, overtime, the pain will become less and less."
Me: "I'm so grateful that I have you my King because if I didn't, I would've let darkness swallow me up." I confessed as I breathed in his scent.
Kumkani: "Together, remember?"
Me: "Yes. Together."