Chapter 26

Father: "Are you 100% sure it's him?"
Officer Pete: "The results came back conclusive that it's him."
Mother: "Yimani...so nindixelela ukuba ukhona umntu oyewaxhela la nja wazi pisi and then sent him to you ezipisi enjalo?" [Wait... So are you telling me that someone slaughtered that dog into pieces and sent him to you like that?]
Officer Mayaba: "Yes Mama." My mother nodded and then she smiled blinking.
Mother:"Then that's good." She said still nodding and still smiling... "that person...whoever he is...did very very good." She looked at me and her smile got bigger as tears rolled down her face... "now my daughter can finally be free." Her voice was all shaky... "she can finally be free and move on with her life without having to worry about...anything." She breath hitched in the end.
Officer Pete: "I get how you feel and why you would say that Mrs. Tetani but murder is murder. We have to catch that person who sent us that package-."
Father: "Are there any leads to who it might be?"
Officer Pete: "No, not yet but we're still investigati-."
Father: "I see." He cut him off... "okay thank you Officers for coming to tell us these news. You men may be on your way now."
Officer Pete: "W-what?"
Father: "You guys are free to go now." He told them. The two Officers looked at each other and then stood.
Officer Pete: "Err...um...okay...we'll be on our way then."
Father: "Yeah. Do that." I caught the corners of the king's mouth lifting very briefly.
Officer Mayaba: "Um...could you please release him." He said to the king indicating to Anga who was still in body lock mode. I still didn't know how the king had done that to him. If this had happened in a different situation, I would've laughed. Really. But I couldn't because I was still trying to process the news about the bad man. The king did as Mayaba requested and released Anga. It was so fast that I didn't even catch what he did to actually unlock his body. After Anga was released, he sagged to the floor and then he got up and pointed his finger to the king in fury but not saying anything. The way he was so furious, his whole body was shaking and veins were even popping out of his forehead. He opened his mouth to say something but he ended up releasing a very loud angry growl and stormed out. The corners of the king's mouth lifted again briefly.
Officer Pete: "Before I go, can I ask for your name?" He said to the king. The king said nothing. Of course. He was looking straight ahead paying Pete no mind... "sir? I'm talking to you. Your name?"
Kumkani: "No."
Officer Pete: "W-what?"
Kumkani: "No." This time, he turned those eyes on him and Pete shrank back a bit. But then he seemed to remember himself so he puffed his chest up trying to make himself look intimidating. But no one was intimidating more than the king. The man could just sit there without saying anything and that alone would be intimidating enough.
Officer Pete: "Y-you-."
Kumkani: "Leave." The warning behind that word alone couldn't be missed.
Officer Mayaba: "Let's go Pete. We did what we came here for." He said pulling Pete along with him and then they were gone. Silence filled the living room after that for a short while. And then my mother suddenly came to me and hugged me...squeezing me.
Father: "Can we have a talk outside." My father said to the king. The king gave my pinkie a squeeze and then he stood up and walked out with my father.
Mother: "He's dead Khazie." She sniffed squeezing me... "that dog is dead. You can finally live your life without worrying about him." To tell you the truth, I didn't know how I felt about the bad man being dead. I guess I was still just processing everything. My mother pulled back and cupped my face with her hands. Her face was wet with tears. My mother was a real crier... "I'm so happy right now my child. I know it's wrong to wish for a person's death but..." She shook her head... "I prayed and prayed over and over again to God to kill that man for me..." She told me... "and God answered my prayers and did exactly that. So at least now you can heal without anything holding you back Khazie." She said... "so please heal my child you hear? Heal." She kissed me and pulled me again into her arms again. My mother guys. I closed my eyes and hugged her back. I also wanted what she wanted. To heal, that is. I just hoped that now with the bad man gone, it would become easier for me to do that.