Chapter 32

What??! To say I was shocked was an understatement. My knees buckled and I held onto to the chair. The king was mental bethu! First he wanted us to be married in 5 months time and secondly he wanted the lobola negotiations to be held a week from now! I mean, what the heck?! What was the rush?! I felt panicked and overwhelmed. I can just imagine how my mother was going to take the news. Gosh! We were all dead. She really was going to kill us. The was no way in hell that she would agree to both of those things, especially about the negotiations.
Me: "Tata you told him that it won't be possible right?"
Father: "I did. I told him that I needed time to talk to your mother to convince her."
Me: "And what did he say?" My father chuckled shaking his head.
Father: "All I can say is that he's stubborn. So stubborn." Oh my gosh! ... "I'll talk to your mother and try to make her see reason but if she doesn't agree it will be up to you two to convince her."
Me: "Tata don't say that. If you can't convince her, Kumkani and I don't even have a chance. You know this." He sighed and shrugged.
Father: "I think this will be a good test to see how badly Kumkani wants these negotiations and the wedding to happen." He told me... "if he really wants what he says he wants then he'll do everything in his power to convince your mother if I fail to." Oh my gosh! This was a disaster. I'm telling you guys now, if my father happened to fail in convincing my mother about the lobola negotiations and the wedding then it would be near impossible for me, especially the king, to change her mind. One thing I know about my mother was that takes a decision she never goes back from it. I can already imagine all the things she was going to say to fight this whole thing. Oh Lord! I dropped on the chair feeling lightheaded and a bit defeated. But King was also pushing it. I mean, a year or two would've been enough to ease my mother into this whole thing. Definitely not a week.
Me: "What are we going to do?" I asked my father. Even though I felt as though the king was moving too fast with this whole marriage thing, I knew he wasn't going to be changing his mind. As my father had said, the king was stubborn. And so was my mother. Lord help us!
Father: "Let me talk to her first and then we'll take it from there." I groaned rubbing my eyes.
Me: "Are you going to talk to her now?" He shook his head.
Father: "Later." My father was going to tell my mother during their pillow talk.
Me: "Work your magic Dad." I teased winking.
Father: "Hayi you silly child." I giggled softly. He puffed out a laugh and shook his head standing up... "I'll leave you to your work ke Preshy."
Me: "Okay Tata." Immediately after he left the room I called the king. He picked up after a few rings.
Kumkani: "Beauti-."
Me: "5 months?!" I cut him off... "and the negotiations in a week's time! Really King?!" I whisper yelled... "are you trying to kill me?"
Kumkani: "No."
Me: "Then what? Because at the rate my heart is going , I swear I'll have a heart attack and die." He laughed. Yes people, he actually laughed. Even though I loved his laugh, this was not the time... "are you seriously laughing right now? Really? King, this is not the time okay? My mother is not going to agree to all of this."
Kumkani: "We'll see." The arrogance in his tone! Wow! Just wow!
Me: "King you're not listening to me-."
Kumkani: "I am beautiful."
Me: "No you're not." I told him... "you're not getting the seriousness of this whole thing."
Kumkani: "I am." Can you guys offer assistance and talk to him?
Me: "Can you tell me what's the rush?" I asked him tiredly.
Kumkani: "Just can't wait to make you mine."
Me: "But I'm already yours King."
Kumkani: "What I mean is, I can't wait to make you all mine little beauty. In every sense and every way possible. And you becoming my wife is the first step in doing that." The possessive way he said all that gave me goosebumps. Yeesh! Lendoda!
Me: "You're just too much, you know that?" He said nothing... "don't you care how I feel about all of this?"
Kumkani: "You want the truth to that question beautiful?"
Me: "Y-yes."
Kumkani: "No I don't. You already agreed to be my wife so everything else moving forward I'm going to do it my way." It's official! He has gone bonkers!
Me: "King you can't-."
Kumkani: "I can." He cut me off... "this is what it means to be mine beautiful. Deal with it." Say what now? Wow.
Me: "Kumkani!" I exclaimed in shock and disbelief.
Kumkani: "One thing you should know about me beautiful is that I'm a very dominant and controlling person. I like things to go the way I say or will them." He told me... "but with all that said, I would never hurt you or mistreat you. In everything I do I will always put you and your needs first. That is a promise." I don't know why my heart fluttered as he said that. I must be sick bethu. That's the only explanation. I mean, the man just told me that he will be making decisions for me...basically dictating my life...and instead of me being appalled, I found it to be romantic and sexy even. Yeah, I was sick alright. It's the voodoo I had been telling you guys about.
Me: "You're scary." I told him.
Kumkani: "I'm sorry little beauty. Scaring you wasn't my intention. Forgive me?" How could I win against that? Tell me people! I couldn't.
Me: "Okay." I mean, what could I say? Don't judge me bethu. I was realizing day by day that I was weak when it came to this man... "but what are we going to do about my mother? If my father fails to convince her then it'll be hard to change her mind."
Kumkani: "I'll take care of it beautiful. Don't worry."
Me: "But-."
Kumkani: "Love and trust. Remember?" I sighed.
Me: "Okay."
Kumkani: "I need to go now little beauty. Tell me you love me." God!
Me: "I love you."
Kumkani: "Love you more. Now hang up." God!
Me: "Are you going to go somewhere?"
Kumkani: "Yeah."
Me: "Work?"
Kumkani: "Yeah."
Me: "Oh."
Kumkani: "I'll be there to pick you up in the morning. Don't worry."
Me: "Okay."
Kumkani: "And I'll be collecting on that kiss I promised you." Oh my word! I had actually forgotten about that. My belly flipped. Couldn't wait... "now hang up beautiful."
Me: "King?" I called him.
Kumkani: "Yeah?"
Me: "Be safe please." He went quiet... "you hear?"
Kumkani: "I hear you little beauty." He said in a gruff voice.
Me: "Okay, I'm hanging up now." He hummed and I did. I felt so sorry for whoever the king was going to kill tonight. Was I really going to be a wife of a killer? I guess I was.