Chapter 7

God! The possessive way in which he said that was so so hot and super sexy in many ways bethuna! A lot of tingles travelled through my body. Did I just get claimed bethu? I think so.
Anga: "W-what?" He stuttered shocked... "what the fuck did you just say?" Mr. Silent of course didn't say anything... "I'm talking to you man. What the fuck did you just say?" Silence. Gosh! One thing I've learned about my Mr. Silent here, yes, I said my, was that he spoke only when he wanted to. So in this case Anga wasn't going to be getting any response from him especially with the way he was asking his questions. What was up with that anyway... "you say you're her man, since when?"
Him: "The beginning." Oh my God! This man was everything bethunana!
Anga: "W-what?" He looked to my parents who had been silent this whole time. My mother's mouth was slightly opened in shock and my father had his eyes on Mr. Silent, with a weird expression on his face... "Mama? Tata? Did you know about any of this? Do you know this man?"
Mother: "Um...well-."
Anga: "Do you guys know him?" He shouted. Mr. Silence's body tensed under me. I looked at him. His jaw was tight. Oh-oh! I sensed trouble.
Father: "Anga calm down."
Anga: "No Tata-."
Father: "I said calm down." His voice boomed with authority and Anga closed his mouth gritting his teeth. Tension eased out of Mr. Silence's body... "can I talk to you outside?" He said to Mr. Silent. Mr. Silent gave a short nod. He looked at me.
Him: "I'll be back." He brushed his lips on my forehead, and then he knifed out of the bed like a badass that he was. Gosh! Who was this man? My man, apparently. Him and my father walked out of the room. I bit my lower lip nervously. I wonder what my father was going to say to him. I hope he didn't chase him away because I was going to go crazy.
Anga: "K, what the fuck? Who is that man?" Anga liked to say 'fuck' a lot. Before it had been a little cool but now it was just irritating. I shrugged. I didn't know what to say to his question. Because I also wanted to know who Mr. Silent was. All I know was that he was my savior.
Me: "I don't know."
Anga: "What?" He said incredulously... "what do you mean you don't know?" He shouted.
Mother: "Anga son, there no need to shout-."
Anga: "No Mama. How can she not know?" He cut her off... "did you see the position they were sleeping in when we arrived?"
Mother: "I saw. I was also here." She said tiredly.
Anga: "But-."
Mother: "Just let it go Anga my son. I'll tell you who he is another time. Not now." She said coming to stand on the side of the bed. Anga threw his hands up in the air and rubbed his face in frustration. What was up his ass? Yes, he has always been protective over me, but not like this. He was kind of being a rude jerk right now. My mother looked down at me with pain in her eyes. Oh right. I had tried to kill myself. That's why I was here. For a while there, I had forgotten all about that. You see the effect Mr. Silent had on me bethu? But my poor mother. Me trying to kill myself, must've broken her heart in a tremendous way.
Me: "Mama..." I said in a shaky voice. Tears filled her eyes. She took my hand in hers and squeezed it.
Mother: "Everything will be alright." She said patting my hand with her other hand with tears rolling down her face... "all will be well."
Me: "Mama I'm sorry." She shook her head.
Mother: "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I'm here. We'll get through this. No matter what." My mother! I bit my lower lip hard to stop my tears from falling. When I had decided to kill myself, I hadn't thought about how my parents would feel. I only had thought about myself. I had been selfish, I know that now. But you guys must understand that the pain and suffering that I felt was out of this world. It was only better now, only because my life line was back.
Anga: "You did a very stupid thing K." He told me not happy with me... "do you know how beside myself I was when I got the phone call informing of what you had done? Don't ever do that again please." He told me... "you know I'm here for you. You can talk to me if the pain gets too much for you. Don't keep everything inside of you. Okay?" He said brushing my hair gently. I just nodded. A dissatisfied sound came from the doorway. It was Mr. Silent, with my father standing behind him. Mr. Silent's eyes were on the hand that was busy brushing my hair. Anga's hand... "what? What the fuck is your problem man?" Mr. Silent didn't say anything but his eyes got more scary in a way I've never seen before... "why are you staring at me like that? Are you going to do something? Don't you see what I'm wearing. I'm a police officer. Even if you wanted to do something, you wouldn't be able to because if you touch me, I'll arrest you." Mr. Silent didn't say anything but the corner of his mouth did lift a little which by the way was sexy as hell... "are you fucking laughing right now? What's funny? Mh? You think I'm joking? I'll arrest you, you scar face-."
Father: "Anga!"
Me: "Anga!" My father and I shouted his name at the same time... "are you crazy?! What's wrong with you?!" I was angry. No. I was livid. How dare he call Mr. Silent scar face?!
Anga: "K-."
Me: "No don't K me." I cut him off sitting up... "why the hell would you say that?"
Anga: "I-I...K-."
Me: "No!" I spat harshly... "don't you ever call him that again. Do you hear me?"
Anga: "K-."
Me: "I said do you hear me-."
Him: "Beautiful." He cut me off and I looked at him with my chest breathing rapidly... "it's okay."
Me: "No it's not-."
Him: "Beautiful." He cut me off again. This man!... "it's okay." He was calm as a cucumber. What Anga had said didn't seem to have bothered him at all. But I was bothered. A hell lot bothered.
Father: "Anga let's talk outside."
Anga: "Tata, I didn't mean-."
Father: "Come out." Anga sighed and walked out. Mr. Silent walked up to me.
Me: "I'm sorry for what he said. I don't know what's gotten into him-." He shook his head and I closed my mouth. The way he was looking at me now though was making my heart beat fast for another reason. His eyes were no longer blank. Even though I couldn't identify what was reflected in them, it was making the butterflies in my stomach to flutter like crazily. Gosh! He grabbed the back of my neck and bent to my face.
Him: "You speak up for me beautiful?" His voice was rough and gruff ... "you speak up for your man?" Oh my God!
Me: "Yes." I heard myself saying. A sound from deep down inside him resonated from his chest. Goosebumps prickled my skin. My mother cleared her throat. And Mr. Silent gave my neck a squeeze and let me go. I had forgotten all about my mother. And she had witnessed all of what we just shared with Mr. Silent. I cleared my throat red on the face trying to settle down my heart.
Him: "I need to go." He told me abruptly. What?
Me: "W-what-."
Him: "I'll be back." I shook my head.
Me: "But-."
Him: "Trust." I closed my mouth and nodded even though I was panicking on the inside. Was he going to go away for another 2 and a half months? ... "no." He answered my inward question. How did he know what I was thinking? ... "you wait. You hear?"
Me: "I hear you." I said softly. He stared at me for a while longer, then he nodded satisfied. He turned to my mother and gave her a little respective head bow. Yes, a bow people. My mother was taken a back by it. She nodded and gave him an awkward smile. He wrapped his pinkie around mine and then he left.
Mother: "Wow!" My mother said after a short while. Yes. I agree. Wow! ... "that man is so intense." My eyes were still focused on the door where Mr. Silent had just left through. He said he'll be back. He said I should trust and wait. I would. I would try my very best to. I just hoped he didn't take a long time to come back... "I don't know how I feel about you and him." She told me... "he's just too much for you. And I also feel that it's too soon for you to be in a relationship of any kind right now. I mean you just tried to...." She trailed of swallowing... "it's just too soon. You need to work on healing yourself first my baby."
Me: "I know Mama." I didn't tell her that I needed Mr. Silent in order for me to do all that. No. That wouldn't bode so well with my mother. She smiled and patted my hand relieved that I was agreeing with her.
Mother: "Good my girl." She brushed back my hair... "your therapist is also on her way here so let's wait and see what she says." I sighed and nodded... "I wonder where your father and Anga are." I shrugged... "let me go call them back." She left. I laid back down on my back and turned to smell the pillow hoping to catch Mr. Silent's scent and I smiled happily when it was on there. His scent did a lot to settle down my panicked heart. He was coming back. Yes, I should really trust.

I was 7 years old again. I don't know where I was. I wasn't in the dark room anymore. There were so many people. I was so scared. They wanted to touch me and ask me questions about the bad man but I didn't want them to touch me and I didn't want to talk about the bad man. I hid my face away from them and tightened my arms around the neck of the good man. The good man had kept his pinkie promise to me. I had waited and waited and he had come to take me back to my mommy. When the good man had tried to put me on the bed I screamed and screamed. I didn't want to let go of the good man. "Shhh shhh little beauty." The good man said brushing my back.  "Don't be scared. I won't let anybody hurt you again." I liked his voice. It was a nice voice. I raised my pinkie finger again to him. He wrapped his big pinkie around mine. "I'll protect you until the day I die little beauty."

I woke up with a start. My heart was beating fast. And my breathing was labored. What had been that dream? I had never dreamt of that before. This was the second time that I had dreamt about 'the good man'. Was it just a dream or was it from my memories from back then? From the memories I had blocked out? I wasn't sure. But what I was sure of was that 'the good man' my 7 year old self kept on referring to must be Mr. Silent. Even though in the dreams I never saw his face, I'm sure it was him. After I had settled down, I looked at the time. It was 9pm now. Which meant I only had slept for a half an hour because my parents had left around half eight. I was all alone now. And Mr. Silent hadn't come back yet. I wonder where he was? What was he doing? I needed him to come back. Even before, when I had felt drowsy, I hadn't wanted to fall asleep without him next to me. Whatever they were giving me here in this hospital, it wanted me to sleep all the time. The doctors here, had told me that I could go home tomorrow. Even though I had a therapist, I had to talk to one of the psychiatrists here at the hospital. I guess they wanted to see where my head was at. If I was going to attempt to kill myself again. She asked me a lot of questions, and even though I wasn't really open to her about my pain, I did share some of the things I was feeling inside. She must have given me the green light because I was okayed to go home tomorrow after that.

A shadow appeared in the doorway. It was him. Mr. Silent. I sat up very quickly.
Me: "You're back." The relief and happiness I was feeling right now was just out of this world. You guys had no idea. He didn't say anything. Of course. He just walked up to the bed, and like before he got on the bed with me. He adjusted us so that my body was once again almost on top of him. He felt so cold, like he had been outside this whole time. I burrowed into him not minding him being cold at all... "I had missed you." I confessed. I've realized that when it came to Mr. Silent, I was too honest. I couldn't stop myself from telling him what I thought and felt. It was voodoo I tell you... "did you miss me too?"
Him: "Always." Gosh! I couldn't contain the smile of giddiness that broke out of my face.
Me: "I'm being discharged tomorrow." I told him. He said nothing... "um...that time in the car...remember...you had said that w-when you're gone I'll be with my parents but when you're back I'll be with you." Nothing... "did you mean that?"
Him: "Yes."
Me: "But how's that going to happen? I don't think my parents would agree to that...especially my mother." He said nothing to that... "you have a plan don't you?" Nothing. I sighed... "okay I'll stop talking now."
Him: "Don't." He told me... "like your voice." God! Butterflies fluttered everywhere in my stomach.
Me: "Can you tell me your name now?" Nothing... "please. I want to call you by your name." Nothing... "I promise I won't ask about anything else. Just your name. Please please please." I pleaded. He was watching me.
Him: "Only my name?"
Me: "Yes, for now only your name." He kept quiet and continued to watch me with those eyes of his... "please." I pleaded with him one more time.
Him: "Only a few people know my name." He informed me... "so you can only call me by it when we're alone. You hear?"
Me: "I hear you." He said nothing after that... "tell me tell me already." I shook him urging him in a whiny voice.
Him: "It's important that you remember what I said beautiful."
Me: "I will I will I will. I promise." I told him... "now tell me."
Him: "Kumkani Pakade. You can call me King.".......