The Wedding

The moment you've all been waiting for! The wedding :) Also, I am introducing one of my favorite characters of this book in the chapter. Yay! Enjoy.
__________

GEᑎYᗩ SᑭEᑎᗪS TᕼE ᖇEST of the time raging about the Darkling while putting my white locks in an updo with braids twisted and pulled like roses above the bun

GEY SEᑎᗪS TE EST of the time raging about the Darkling while putting my white locks in an updo with braids twisted and pulled like roses above the bun. She gets rid of the slight bags under my eyes and hollowed cheeks. Genya gives my skin a smoother look as well as my cheeks and lips a rose pink hue. My complexion has fully returned to its' unnatural golden glow.

        "Why did that heretic send me here in the first place if all he wants to do is get rid of me? He is the most outrageous and deranged man I've ever met."

        "I think he sent you here for me. The Darkling knew I would hate not having one of my friends here, so he didn't banish you from Ravka like the rest of the soldiers that day."

        "Do you really believe he sent me here for your sake?" Genya asks irritated.

        "Why else would he allow you to be here with me now and not in the dungeon with Nikolai?"

        Genya gives me a puzzled look through the mirror of the dressing table. There is a prolonged silence after that. When she finally finishes, I stand up and look at the unfamiliar face in the reflection. This does not look like me. This looks like the girl in the storybooks named Sankta Alina. Although, I will never be her, only a false sense of hope for the citizens of Ravka.

        "Oh, Alina," Genya sighs. "There will not be a single person in that grand hall that will take their eyes off of you. That one seamstress did a marvelous job of your gown."

        "Coraline?" I ask.

        "Yes." Genya pauses for a moment. "Be cautious of what you tell her. She is a direct line to the Darkling. Anything you tell her, you tell him."

        "I know. I haven't told her anything of importance."

        "Good," she says while stroking my silky, ivory hair. "Now, are you ready to become a queen?"

        "Not really," I say honestly. "I am nervous about all of the change it will cause.

        Genya helps me stand up and guides me through the bedroom doors. "The world needs change."

        We reach the entry foyer before the Grand Hall where we are met by the mousy featured wedding planner.

        "Miss Starkov may I say, you look magnificent. A true queen of the ages!"

        "Thank you," I reply simply. His nasally tone is surprisingly loud in the echoed hall.

        "Now, when you enter, you will walk down the carpet to stand beside the king. Go to the left side of him and follow the priest's further instructions. Got it."