Keramzin Girl

I ᗯᗩKE ᑌᑭ with a new impression of serenity and absoluteness

I ᗯᗩKE ᑌᑭ with a new impression of serenity and absoluteness. My face is buried in the bare warmth of the darkling's chest and truthfully, there is nowhere I would rather be. His arms hold me in a closed embrace as if he fears that if he lets go, I will vanish.

        The beam of sunlight on his face makes him look so soft; so human. I wish we could lay here forever. Unfortunately, the King and Queen have responsibilities that lie outside of this bed; outside of this calm, quiet room.

        I brush a piece of hair away from Aleksander's face. His eyes open slowly and a smile forms on his perfect lips.

        "Good morning, milaya." Unlike some men, he has a low, comforting voice that is not overwhelming in the early morning hours.

"Good morning."

He strokes my white hair and stares at me groggily. "Do you regret last night," he asks while continuing to caress my face.

        I think about his question for a minute. I feel many things about last night, but regret is not one of them.

        "No."

        "Good," he smiles before kissing me gently. He pauses and then asks, "do you think Amelia will want to live here? What about her friends at the Little Palace?"

        I inhale and say, "she says that Baghra is her only friend at the palace."

        "So, she doesn't have friends?"

        "Besides me, no."

        He pauses before replying, "this wasn't just about protecting her, was it? It was about making her happy as well."

        I nuzzle my head into the curve of his neck. "I didn't have many people to protect me when I was her age. I was alone and had to learn to fight for myself. Maybe if I keep Amelia close, she can feel less deserted and like she belongs somewhere. That is what I wished for at her age."

        The Darkling sighs. "What a bunch of broken people we are." He rubs circles into my exposed back.

        I nod and close my eyes once more.

We lay there for a long time, not caring about the piles of papers growing on our desks. To us, time is frozen outside of this bedroom. The barrier is only broken when we hear a knock at the door, bringing us back to reality. The King and Queen can never rest.

We both slip on our robes and the Darkling answers the continued knocking with an irritated growl. "What is it?"

Of course, it is Ivan at the door. He is not the first person I'd like to see in the morning. When he sees me sitting on the bed, he nervously scratches his arm over his new kefta.