My Villain & My Balance

"ᙎᗅᖽᐸᙍ ᕼᙍᖇ ᑗᕿ

"ᙎᗅᖽᐸᙍ ᕼᙍᖇ ᑗᕿ."

        My head is throbbing. I hear a distant, muddled voice, but I can't make out what it says.

        "ᙎᗅᖽᐸᙍ ᕼᙍᖇ ᑗᕿ," the jumbled voice echoes again.

        I can't remember where I am. I just recall slumping in the Darkling's arms in the cellar. I thought I felt him carry me up the stairs, but everything else is a blur.

        "Wake her up."

        The voice is clear now. After a few seconds, I jolt up into a sitting position and gasp for air. My heart is beating fast and I finally feel like I can breathe.

        I see Corporalki in the room with me. I start to realize what is happening. I was taken to our bedroom. The Heartrenders slowed my heart, for who knows how long, to the point of remaining passing out. Looking around with a dazed expression, I see Ivan among the Grisha. He is closest to the bed on my right.

        "Leave us," I hear from the left of the bed. I meet the unkind grimace of the Darkling. A cold chill of fear runs through me. Out of instinct, I grab Ivan's hand to get him to stay. I don't want to be left alone with the Darkling. Despite my efforts, Ivan swats me away like a measly fly buzzing in his ear.

        The door clicks shut and I am trapped without a way to escape. The rage builds inside as I begin to remember more and more about what transpired. All I can see is Nikolai's hazel eyes hidden behind a mask of a blood-thirsty atrocity.

I lunge at the Darkling with all of the strength I have, which is revealed to be very little. He grabs my wrists and pins my arms to the bed. I try to writhe out of the blankets, but my vigor tires rapidly. My core shakes in fatigue and I collapse onto the mattress in a helpless heap.

Once I have calmed down, he lets go and leans back in his chair placed beside me. The Darkling just sits there and stares at me, observing me.

Moments pass, I become frustrated and snap at him. "Well? Are you going to yell at me? Hurt me? Tell me how you are the only one that I am equivalent to in my eternal life, so I should rely solely on you?

He raises an eyebrow. "All of those would be sufficient options, but no."

I scoff in response before asking, "then... what are you going to do with me?"

He reaches out and traces the features of my jaw and face. He replies, "well that will depend on you."

"Me?" I ask a bit confused. He moves a strand of hair out of my face and continues to caress my cheek.