Chapter 7

"So we all know our roles correct?" Hera asked. They were in the Ghost it had been a day since they had spotted the Tie depot and were now finishing up planning it. "Alright I'm going to point at each of you tell me your job. She pointed at Kanen.

"Security on ship," he said.

She pointed to Zeb, "distraction." He said obviously not happy with it.

She pointed at Chopper, "lookout" he said in droid binary.

She pointed at Ezra, "demolitions" he said.

Sabine, "Ezra's backup."

"And then I'm getaway driver." Hera said. "Alright get to your positions I'll give you the signal to start," she said looking at Zeb.

They all nodded their heads and trotted over to their positions. "Do you think we will be able to do it?" Sabine asked Ezra. He responded with a perfect sign.

They waited their for about ten minutes until they heard an explosion on the west side of the base. "That's our signal," Ezra said sprinting towards the east side of the base. Sabine followed close on his heels. They encountered a few stormtroopers which they dealt with easily. They arrived at the pipe leading from the landing pad to the hanger. Ezra pulled out his charge and placed it securely to the pipe but it wouldn't start a timer. Of course it has to be detonated manually Ezra thought.

"Go, I'll figure this out." Ezra said to Sabine. She just nodded her head and ran to their old location while Ezra stayed. A few stormtroopers had noticed him and were shooting at him one of the shots went over his head and into a cart behind him letting a few fuel canisters roll down unharmed. That gave him an idea.

Ezra took a few pot shots at the troopers with his pistols and sprinted towards the fuel barrels. He got shot in the back, that's gonna bruise he thought as he kept running. Ezra quickly grabbed a fuel barrel and sent it flying towards the place his charge was. That should do the trick he thought as he sprinted to get away from the explosion. But the concussion of the blast sent him flying a few more feet away and knocked him out.

Sabine was sprinting to the ghost and got inside with the rest of the crew they waited their for a few seconds trying to spot Ezra. Then the entire base exploded. "Wow, that kid wasn't lying," Zeb said hypnotized by the explosion.

"But where's Ezra?" Hera asked slightly worried.

"He said the timer was broken so he stayed behind to fix it." Sabine said also getting worried.

They sat their staring at the smoldering reck of the base for what felt like hours but was only a few minutes. Finally Hera said something, "we need to go," she was looking at the sky and saw a star destroyer come out of hyperspace.

"Fine" Sabine said depressed, right when she was about to turn away and run into her room and cry her eyes out Zeb pointed at something.

"Look!" He said, all of us followed his finger to an orange blob rushing towards us. At this point they were in the sky already.

"Lower the ramp!" Sabine yelled at Hera. Hera slammed her fist onto the button to open it. The orange dot cascaded towards them and sped into the ship. "Close it and let's get out of here"

Sabine said and ran to the ramp area. She felt the ramp close when she was out of the room and felt the jerk of jumping into hyperspace. Sabine rushed into the ramp area to find a tangled mess of orange limbs. "Thank force." She said under her breath.

The orange blob got some new energy and bounded up onto his feet. "That was kriffing awesome." He yelled.

Sorry for the shorter chapter next one will probably be longer