Meeting the Upper Moons

Dear journal entry,

Today was the day where Enmu and I were introduced to the Upper Moons.

First was Upper Moon 6, who surprisingly, was composed of two demons instead of one. Their names were Daki and Gyutaro, apparently they're siblings. I'm a little jealous of their bond. I mean, they're able to work together and don't seem to have the usual family hierarchy that mine had (He's talking about the Spider Family, not the human one). Maybe I messed up something with the old one somehow. Oh well, I'll figure it out later.

Next was Upper Moon Five. His name was Gyokko. He kinda looked like a genie, with him coming out of a pot and all. He seemed to be very arrogant and proud of all the pottery in the palace, since he's the one who made them all. Or so he claims, I'm not quite sure if he was lying or not.

Then there was Number Four, her name was Nakime (I'm not including Hantengu because I have no idea what to do with him). She didn't really talk much and was mostly tuning her biwa.

Number Three was a stripey demon named Akaza. He seemed pretty strong and appreciated it when I told him. He told me that he's working his way up the ranks in order to become the strongest of all time. Good for him I guess, to be honest, I was never interested in moving up the ranks back when the other Lower Moons were alive. Just wasn't as obsessed with numbers as the others I suppose.

Number Two's name was Douma. He had a bit of a creepy smile and a goofy looking hat. His eyes looked like rainbows, were they natural or did they turn into that color when he became a demon? Gonna be honest here, I didn't really like him all that much. Something about him just felt really off and cold about him.

Lastly was Upper Moon One, Kokushibo was his name. He had six eyes and a serious expression. He welcomed both me and Enmu into the Infinity Palace. It felt nice being welcomed by him.

After the introductions, Enmu and I went to our new living quarters. It looked cozy, and felt different than my old house on Mt. Natagumo. Enmu started to talk to me about something, I wasn't really paying attention to what he saying.

I think I'll like being here.

-Rui, Lower Moon Five, newest resident of the Infinity Palace.