Watching Fireworks With Akaza

A/N Just a little note thingy

'Thoughts' - Italics and apostrophes

Rui's journal entries - Just italics

Stuff that's happening in the present - normal text

Now that that's out of the way, onto the story!

Rui was just coming back from a mission and was trying to find his room once more in the confusing mess that is the Infinity Palace. He opened a few doors every so often but couldn't find his room. He opened the next door, completely tired and just wanting to crawl into his hammock and write down some stuff into his journal, only to find Akaza surrounded by romance novels.

An awkward silence fell down upon them.

Akaza immediately tried to hide all of his books while Rui was just looking confused at what was going on in front of him.

"You didn't see anything, got it?" Akaza said.

"Ok" Rui replied.

"Promise to keep your mouth shut?"

"Yes sir"

"You know what? Just to make sure you don't spill the beans, I'll take you to see some fireworks tommorow night. That'll keep you quiet."

'But I already promised to- whatever, I just hope that this will be interesting.' Rui thought to himself.

✨✨✨~Timeskip Time, Baby~✨✨✨
This timeskip has been brought to you by Rui all swaddled up in a blanket cocoon and just being a very cozy spider.

✨✨✨~Timeskip Time, Baby~✨✨✨This timeskip has been brought to you by Rui all swaddled up in a blanket cocoon and just being a very cozy spider

The night had come for Akaza to take Rui to see the fireworks, even though Rui already promised to be quiet. Should I also mention that Rui doesn't really know what fireworks are?

Anyway, as I was saying, Akaza led Rui over to a town that was currently hosting a fireworks festival. They may or may not have stolen a few souvenirs while at the festival.

The two found a nice tree to hide in and waited for the fireworks while staring at both the stars and the festival down below. (By the way, Rui put the souvenirs in a hand-made silk bag and put them on a sturdy tree branch nearby for safekeeping)

"How long do we have to wait for the fireworks Akaza-san?" Rui asked.

"Just a little while longer" Akaza said in response.

"What do fireworks look like?" Rui wondered, wanting to know what was so special about them.

"You've never seen a fireworks show?" Akaza questioned with Rui shaking his head in response.

"Oh man, you are missing out, let me tell ya. Fireworks are like these beautiful flowers that spring forth in the night sky, lighting it up brighter than any star. Trust me, you're going to love them."

"If you say so- AH!" Suddenly, a loud BANG! filled the air, startling poor Rui out of the branch that he was sitting on. Thankfully, Akaza managed to get Rui before he hit the ground.

"You all right there, Rui?" Akaza asked the slightly shaking spider.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Lemme just-There!" Rui made himself a nice pair of silk earmuffs and placed them on his head.

"You're scared of loud noises?" Akaza said.

"No, not really. It's just that loud noises disorient me sometimes and it can get really annoying." Rui responded.

"Do you want to leave so that the fireworks don't bother you again?"

"No thanks, I'll be fine with these, I still want to see why you like them so much."

"Alright then, if you say so."

A few more pairs of fireworks were set off and Rui could only stare in awe at the majesty of it all. Flashes of color flying through the sky, forming circular shapes that resembled flowers, just like Akaza said.

"Beautiful isn't it?" The aforementioned basketball said, "It really does seem to take your breath away right?"

Rui could only nod, still captivated by the mesmerizing show before him.

🎇🎆A few sparkly fireworks later🎆🎇

The two continued watching in silence, spare for a few gasps and "Ah!"s of surprise. Soon enough, Akaza caught sight of a small silver of sunlight and proceeded to warn Rui of the upcoming day.

"Did you enjoy the show?" Akaza asked as they were making their way back to the palace.

"Loved it" was Rui's reply, "Do you think they'll do it again Akaza-san?"

"Of course! Only, they'll only do it again next year, hope that doesn't disappoint you too much kiddo."

Rui shook his head, "That's fine, I can wait."

"Say," Akaza began, "How about I train you from time to time while waiting for the next show?"

Rui nodded his head "That would be nice. Thanks Akaza-san."

After they got back to the palace and didn't become crispy chicken nuggets, Rui and Akaza parted to their rooms. Rui finally found his room and climbed into his hammock and started to write in his journal. Enmu walked in and started chatting.

"Hey Rui! There you are! I was wondering where you were! What happened?"

Rui didn't answer and kept writing.

"So," Enmu began "I was thinking about annoying Douma. Wanna tag along? Daki and Gyutaro are coming too."

Rui kept writing.

"I'll take that as a no. Oh well, catch you later Ru-Ru. Toodles"

It was at that point that Rui looked up and pouted. Then he blew a raspberry at the now-departed Enmu and went back to his journal.

Rui and Akaza during the fireworks show