i | Sonder ❦ (prelude)

Please ignore any and all mistakes.
————————————————

SIRENS

they can't push me, they can't push me outyou can't push me, you can't shut me outyou can't touch me, you can't touch me nowyou can't touch me, you can't touch me nowyou can't touch me, you can't touch me now•••••

you can't push me, you can't shut me out
you can't touch me, you can't touch me now
•••••

"Shit." Amiré whispered, as he backed up against the wall, placing his hands behind his head. His vision was blurred due to the heavy tears streaming down his face.

He didn't mean to do it, things just out of control. His heart was racing, his mind was racing.

Everything was going too fast.

"Amiré what the hell is wrong with you?! What were you thinking?" His mother yelled at him, sending him deeper into a frenzy.

"I don't know?!"

Her loud screams and cries, shook him to the core, as he watched her hold onto the love of her life's, lifeless body.

Amiré couldn't believe what he had done.

He killed his own father.

"I-I didn't m-mean too." His voice cracked, feeling the weight of the tragedy crushing him from the inside out. "Ma I'm so sor—"

"No!" She screamed at him, "Y-you should've stayed in your room." She cried harder, holding his head to her chest. "Why lord? Why did this happen?"

"No, no, no, no—"Amiré started pacing around quickly, completely terrified, shaking his head. He wish he hadn't come down the stairs, he wish he would've just closed his eyes and pretended to be sleep. He wish he never saw his father beating on his mother.

"H-he was going to k-kill you m-momma, I-I couldn't let him I—"

"Please oh God. Just stop talking Amiré!" She continued to cry, looking up to meet his eyes. "Baby I would have rather he killed me, than for you to have this haunt you for the r-rest of your life. You're so young Amir, none of this is right. I'm so sorry," She sobbed loudly. "I have failed you."

The sound of sirens outside made him freeze, putting a fear in his heart that could've killed him. He was about to pass out right there.

He knew right then and there, that the moment he picked up that bat, his life was over. He was going to spend the rest of his life behind bars.