xviii | Sonder ❦ (12) 2/2

*might be emotional— ngl ima cry*

Please ignore any and all mistakes.
————————————————

— HALF A MAN —

When I told her it was over, oh my darling I had liedI've been running from my demons, afraid to look behindI've been running from myself, afraid of what I'd findBut how am I supposed to love you when I don't love who I am?And how could I give you...

I've been running from my demons, afraid to look behind
I've been running from myself, afraid of what I'd find
But how am I supposed to love you when I don't love who I am?
And how could I give you all of me when I'm only half a man?
'Cause I'm a sinking ship that's burning, so let go of my hand
Oh how can I give you all of me when I'm only half a man?

•••••

Amiré ignored everything around him and just ran. All he could do was run, because he felt like his heart was running away from him. It all hit him in heavy waves as he mentally processed the fact the he was a dad. He had a son.

"Taivon!" He called out again as he tried to catch-up to her on the elevator. Soon as the door was about to shut he slipped inside, barely missing it. She stood in the corner, holding Isaíah to her chest with tears pouring down her face.

He touched his chest, trying to control his breathing. "W-why didn't you tell me?!"

She ignored him and looked up when the elevator started moving. He finally caught his breathe and frowned at her. "Tee?"

"Amiré I'm not finna deal with you acting clueless right now! As you can see I had a baby, yes it's yours, and yes you never would've known. After you decided to leave and disappear at the hospital, the doctor came right in behind you and told me I was pregnant! How would you feel if when you called me, to tell me this news, you go straight to voicemail. Your messages don't turn blue. Every access to you is just gone. Then you learn a few days later that the number has been changed. How would you f-feel?" She whispered the last part, voice cracking from her crying.

The elevator stopped on her floor and she hurried off, but Amiré was right on her tail. She tried to be quick about keying in her room and closing the door but his foot stopped her, and he gently pushed himself inside, slamming the door shut.

"Taivon stop running! You still could've reached out to me by telling Vino! Do not stand there and act I was that damn hard to get ahold of!" He hissed back, taking a few steps forwards her.

Taivon felt herself snapping. She took a few steps forward too and pointed her finger in his face. "No fuck you! I'm not some stupid hoe that needs to do some weak ass shit like that. You simply shouldn't have did what you did to me! We talked about it and you still went against everything we agreed on!"