Dᴇᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴡɪɴ - 33

“Ah, you are finally here.” – Kuroo exclaimed as soon as he saw them.

“I’m sorry we are late.” – The captains of the teams bowed down and entered inside one by one.

“So they finally arrived.” – Daichi began, followed right by Sugawara after the pause.

“Inarizaki’s and Shiratorizawa’s teams.”

Right after everyone got inside the gym they looked towards the field where Karasuno and Jujutsu Tech’s teams were.

“Ah! A panda!” – Few of them exclaimed as the others looked surprised.

“Who are they?” – A stoic looking boy from the Shiratorizawa’s team asked.

“Ah, they are the team we got arranged to practice with, Jujutsu Tech.” – Kuroo answered while walking towards him.

“I’ve never heard of them.” – A red spiky haired boy exclaimed. – “Are they some newbies trying to learn how to play?”

“A yes and a no.” – Daichi said as he walked over to them.

Some of the just arrived players tilted heads.

“They are new but we might be the ones to learn from them.” – Karasuno’s captain added with a wide smile as he looked over at their opponent team.

“Quite strong words for you to say.” – A blond boy from Inarizaki’s team exclaimed as he followed Daichi’s gaze.

“Don’t underestimate them. Especially their setter.” – Kuroo said with a smirk, pointing at Y/n.

“She is… Their setter?” – Shiratorizawa’s captain’s eyes widened in surprise.

The sorcerers stood still and watched them, some anticipating the games against the newly arrived rivals. Y/n just stood and observed with an unreadable expression.

“Yes, she is and she is way better than your whole team together, Ushiwaka.” – Oikawa joined, praising the girl then sticking his tongue at him.

His eyes widened slightly as he focused his gaze on Y/n.

Ushijima stood still for a few more second before stating. – “Then we are to play against them next.”

“Oi! That’s unfair!” – Kuroo growled at him. – “You should have come earlier!”

Ushijima didn’t say anything, just focused his gaze on hers as she returned with a blank look then went back to her team.

Soon he then turned his gaze back at Kuroo.

“We are next.” – He then walked away to a free bench, followed by his team.

“Not fair!” – Kuroo and the blond haired boy shouted at the same time.

A moment later, they calmed down and Inarizaki's team went over to the other free bench.

In a minute, the third set for Karasuno and Jujutsu Tech began.

Shiratorizawa and Inarizaki’s teams shoot a glance or two while practicing.

The sorcerers’ team had Toudou serving.

Daichi and Nishinoya had taken a large amount of space to defense, ready for their opponent’s strong serve.

‘Do we really have to hold back?’ – Toudou thought to himself as he recalled Y/n’s words.

“For this set we are to hold back a bit our offence.” – Y/n said calmly.

“Eh? Why should we?” – Itadori asked as confused as the others around.