X

The days turned gloomy after the last time Sirius saw you last. He was in constant search of you but it was like you had never existed, the Ravenclaw table lacked the certain presence he had grown used to having there and the halls were void of the sound of your voice. No one saw you and if they did he wouldn't really be able to tell, he refused to ask around for you. But he did make an exception, finding the boy that appeared to be attached to you all alone at the library.

He was used to seeing you in the library, usually with the company of Regulus but taking in consideration it was still the winter break Regulus would be at home until the last day he could. Of course he would be.

Sirius shook his head and focused on the important. You were nowhere to be seen at the library, he had made sure to check at least a couple of times, sending Remus on his way to check on his behalf so it wouldn't be obvious how out of place and lost Sirius looked. He had no luck. But still, Remus managed to gather the important fact that Félix, the boy that you took under your wing and that now was Remus' shadow, was always there.

"He is brilliant." Remus told Sirius one morning during breakfast, playing with the cup in his hand "For a first year, he knows as much as you do." he smirked, lifting his gaze from his coffee momentarily before he settled back on the dark liquid.

Sirius glared at him, running his tongue over his teeth as he clenched his fist where he supported his head, looking away from his friend. He is your way of finding the kid so you can find Y/N and apologize for being an idiot. He thought, pursing his lips in annoyance Maybe Moony has a point.

"Focus." Sirius hissed, snapping his fingers to bring Remus attention to himself "What did uh-" he hesitated, Remus' look of annoyance making Sirius narrow his eyes with a tight smile.

"Félix."

"Just checking we were talking about the same person." he winked, leaning forward "What did he tell you?"

Remus stared at him, eyes void for a split second before he let out a long sigh "Nothing." he admitted "He knows where she is but it's not like he is just going to mention the place."

Sirius groaned, falling back in his seat "Where is he?" he asked, looking over the few students currently having breakfast "You're too soft, we need to push him."

Remus pushed Sirius back onto his seat, his hand staying on his shoulder to force him to stay put "We don't need to do anything." he stated, leaving no room for discussion "And maybe you should just let her be. Didn't you promise her that?"

"That was before I upset her." he mumbled as he stayed put in his place, picking up the food from Remus' plate "I just want to apologize, then I'll leave her all alone."

Remus gave him a knowing look, making Sirius stutter with his words before he lifted his hands in surrender "Promise."

Remus shook his head, slapping Sirius' hand as he kept on stealing his food "Quit eating my breakfast." he ordered, taking the plate in front of him and filling it exactly like his "There. Eat that."

Sirius looked down, taking a piece of the toast in front of him and making a face as soon as it touched his lips. "Yours is better." he said, pushing the plate in Remus' direction and taking the half eaten plate from him.

"It's really a wonder why Y/N's avoiding you." Remus muttered, downing the last sip of his coffee before he got up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" Sirius asked, his eyebrows furrowed in question as he followed Remus with his eyes.

"Peter is helping James with something at the Quidditch pitch." he told him, pointing behind him towards the door "I'm going to make sure both of them make it to dinner."