XXVI

"Bring him in." Walburga ordered with the raise of her hand, Kreacher disappearing from her side in the blink of an eye. She turned to Regulus, who already was on his feet and rounding the table "Take her to the living room and close the door. Now."

Regulus only gave a firm nod in her direction, moving your chair back for you.

"What?" you asked with a string of voice, looking at Walburga in confusion before you turned to Regulus "No, Reg." you pleaded, shaking your head repeatedly as you refused the hold of his hand.

"Now Regulus." Walburga snapped at his son.

He tilted his head as you continued to repeat the same words over and over again, his eyes warning as he took hold of your wrist. "Let's go." he murmured.

You fought him, pulling your arm as you also grasped his wrist, pushing him from you. "No, stop. He's not supposed to be here. He can't be here." Regulus didn't seem faced by your words, dragging you with him as your feet refused to move. You let go of his wrist, turning to Walburga instead. "Don't do anything to him. Don't you dare touch him!" you screamed, Regulus turning again as he held you back by your waist, lifting you against his chest. You kicked in the air, moving your arms back to try and loosen his grip on you. It didn't work.

By the time he carried you to the living room your throat was sore from screaming, a mix of threats and Sirius' name leaving your voice raspy as Regulus dropped you on the floor. You turned immediately to him, pushing him hard on the chest, making him stumble back subtly. "You must be really proud of yourself." you yelled in anger, rushing to the door as you fought to get it open.

Regulus got his wand out, moving it over his head as a light line fell all over the walls like a fine veil. "Stop, he can't hear you." he said flatly, dropping on the couch while throwing his head back, a groan soon leaving his lips.

"Sirius!" you kept screaming, your fists pounding on the dark wood of the door as it left a red mark all over the side of your hand.

"Y/N, he can't hear you. No one can." Regulus groaned, lifting his head lazily as you hopelessly kept punching the door. He sighed heavily, closing his eyes.

He had anticipated everything his mother had done, he had kept quiet by her side as she served Voldermort, observing. Not one thing had escaped his mind, not one had gone by without a walk through the library to know what it meant, how it could be used and if it could be used. He knew how his mother thought because until he met you he used to have the same thought process, then he started to question him and soon after, Walburga herself. He lived under the same roof where the unforgivable curses that the ministry of magic forbid wizards and witches from using were spoke like a song, he had seen the effects that they could have on people, witnessed the empowered grin of his mother's face as Kreacher carried the bodies from the same room he now found himself in. He never thought Walburga would use the curses on him. Not until he found himself in his bed, coming out of a dream where he had been able to write to you all his worries, all the things he deep down had wanted to say to you since he came back from winter break. The letter had been sent and there was nothing he could do, so he followed along his mother's plans. Brought you in while keeping her attention shifted from you.

"Would you please stop!?" he snapped, raising his voice like you had never heard him. You did as he asked, not because he asked in a kind manner but because of the surprise that struck your body, successfully slowing you and your movements.

"I'm sorry." you mocked, turning on your spot as you placed a hand over your chest, knitting your eyebrows together with a fake pout "Am I an inconvenience?" you asked, tilting your body slightly to the side to look for his face as he sharply turned to the side with curses falling smoothly from his lips. "Am I perhaps disturbing you?"