XXXI

"I see we're all here again." Mia noticed, entering the kitchen with her ever big smile, her hands full with a basket filled with all types of tools and flowers, her hands still gloved and sprinkling dirt wherever she walked. It wasn't everyday that you got to see Euphemia Potter in such a casual state. "Two sons, two best friends, check. I saw you all last night before I went to bed." she counted, dropping the basket with a thud in one small wooden table on the far end of the kitchen, "Lily and Y/N, my sweet girls. How are you?" she asked, clasping her hands in front of her as you both smiled back. But then her head turned to your side, her head tilting with kindness "I don't believe I know you, dear." she said, genuine concern in her voice.

You were about to speak up, your body leaning forward with anticipation when James' voice stopped you, making you turn to him. "That's Sirius' brother, mum." he said simply, no further explanation needed. "He and Y/N visited yesterday, you didn't catch them but dad took them back to Y/N's."

Her smile faltered for a second, her mouth open slightly as her wide eyes turned to Regulus, not once hiding her shock. "He did mention it." she whispered, a soft smile coming back to her "This is him?" she asked again, turning to Sirius for confirmation. At his subtle nod, a breathy laugh left her lips, going around the counter to the stool where he sat. Regulus watched her carefully, weary of her movements as he did not know what to expect. Her eyes roamed his face like it was a painting, a beautiful painting that still smelled of fresh paint and that she was the first expector of, one that brought emotions that hid in the depths of her eyes. "Regulus." she whispered, her knuckles brushing along his cheekbone as she leaned in, stiffening his body in a warm embrace, "Sweet boy." she muttered, only him being able to listen.

When she pulled from him, a soft sniff could be heard from her. "About time I got to meet this charming boy." she said, turning to the group of people currently watching her, soft smiles and weird out looks meeting her. She waved her hand too fast, shaking her head as she made a funny look, "Don't let me interrupt you, I'm sure you're all here for a reason." she said, taking her basket and walking to the room at the end of the kitchen. However she stopped before she was out of ear shot, turning her head "Whatever you do, be safe about it. No more Quidditch, especially you, Y/N."

You chuckled softly, shrinking in your spot. "Sure thing, Mia." you said.

As soon as the door closed Regulus turned his head slowly to you, raised eyebrows and a questioning look in his face, "You played Quidditch?" he asked.

You smiled tightly, "Not really."

"Is the night you kidnapped her, you idiot. We had to make up an excuse." Sirius said flatly, his arm finding its way around your shoulder as you snuggled into it, looking up to see his face softening.

"She did play Quidditch before that," James commented, wiggling his eyebrows in your direction "She's no good."

"Were you any good when you first started flying a broom, Potter?" you asked with the raise of one eyebrow.

He blew air out his mouth, a smirk on his lips as he winked in your direction "The best, it's called talent." he said.

You couldn't help your smile, shaking your head "Show off." you muttered, Lily agreeing with a smile and the roll of her eyes. But Sirius had fallen silent, your hand going to hold his hand hanging on your shoulder, shaking the glare of his face with the squeeze of his hand. You followed the direction of his eyes, leading you to Regulus at your opposite side. "Stop." you whispered, turning back to him.

Sirius shook his head, "He's staring at Lily flower." he said, pointing with his chin to the redhead who had turned to Remus and Peter. "I don't like it."