XXI

"Really!?" You asked, suddenly feeling all the tension in your body being lifted from you and your shoulders dropped from their squared up posture. Professor McGonagall limited herself to chuckle softly as her eyes shone with something you rarely saw on her, something you couldn't name.

"Yes, Miss Y/L/N." she assured you, taking her glasses from her nose as she looked in your direction with her full attention placed on you. "Your work was definitely one of the best in the class. I must say I am not surprised, you have always been a bright student, and to accomplish this by yourself has left me nothing but satisfied with you as my student."

You beamed as she handed you the scroll of parchment back, her neat handwriting showing proudly your grade to whoever looked in its direction. "Thank you, professor." you said with a smile.

"Go on, now." she said with the wave of her hand. "Enjoy your summer, Miss Y/L/N."

"You too, professor." you wished her, skipping your way out of the classroom, clutching the parchment in your hands and against your chest. Getting ahead of where all the students stood chatting carelessly as they all got out of their last classes for the year, you turned left and right, looking for a space where no one could see you or hear you. Finally, you found a small corridor that was practically abandoned, one Peter and Remus had showed you one night while getting away from Mr. Filch on your way to the kitchens. You got the parchment extended before you, reading over all the writing you had done and that made you believe you would lose your hand in the middle of writing a word, pride flooding out of your pores and shining through your smile as you squealed, biting down on your lip to stop yourself from screaming. You couldn't contain your excitement as you jumped up and down in your place, using a little too much force as your hands crumpled the paper in your hands. "Oh." you muttered, laughing nervously as the sound of parchment being crushed under your fingers reached your ears.

You smoothed the parchment, lifting your head and looking in both directions of the narrowed corridor. Taking the direction that led to the entrance of the castle, you almost crashed against at least two people on your way down, rushing down the stairs as you stopped right on the entrance, the cold marble stairs almost calling your name as you stared deeply at them and the direction they led. Your head snapped out of the wandering thoughts as you remembered that you had someone always waiting for you. Your boyfriend.

It has become a more common thought in you, to think of him as your boyfriend and not just Sirius. As someone you could go to for the silliest of things or the most serious topics that plagued your mind and he would listen to you, and that you would do the same.

You rushed to the Great Hall, fitting your body in between all the people that walked in the opposite direction, avoiding to fall down and emerging from the crowd of people just before the tall arch of the door. You smiled, moving to the right side of the room and to the Gryffindor table, your feet moving faster than you could control them until you got to the small crowded area where they always sat. You were about to call Sirius's name when your eyes fell on him, the back of his head facing you as well as wavy dark hair. Your footsteps faltered, your hand dropping to your side as you took more careful and silent steps towards him. No one seemed to notice your arrival. Good. You wanted to see the look on his face when he turned to look at you.

"What are you doing during the summer, Sirius?" she asked, resting her cheek on top of her palm as she leaned on the table, turning her body towards him.

Sirius shrugged, throwing something in James' direction "Not much." he answered "I'm always with Prongs, might spend some time with Peter and Remus too."

You bit the inside of your cheek, the bitter smile threatening to appear on your lips winning the fight against you. You had never felt this way before, a churning feeling in your stomach and a fire that covered all your skin, especially your hands, taking over you as she threw her arm around Sirius' shoulders.