II

Sirius Black didn't obsess over things. He just didn't. It wasn't in him to have something on his mind for more than necessary. He worried, yes, but this was different. There was nothing to worry about, unless he considered the rare sight of his brother smiling something to worry about. If anything he shouldn't be worried but happy for him. No he wasn't worried. He was...curious. Who was the girl who managed to make his brother smile?

"Stop it." Remus grunted, snapping his fingers in front of Sirius to get his attention.

Sirius only glared at his friend as he made him jump in his seat, the cup of tea he held in his hand now all over his sweater. "Really?" Sirius hissed as he placed his cup back on the table "I'm not doing anything." he defended himself.

Remus rolled his eyes "The fact that you are putting excuses out means you are." he said matter of factly, shutting Sirius as the rest of his friends laughed.

James and Peter found this entire situation incredibly entertaining. Not only because Sirius had been paranoid since he saw his brother with that Ravenclaw girl, but because Remus thought it was creepy that Sirius was so invested in finding who the girl was, and that turned every interaction between Remus and Sirius into fights.

"Just go and ask whatever it is you want to know!" Remus said desperately.

"And have him see me?" Sirius hissed, pointing his fork in Regulus' direction "Over. my. dead. body."

Remus groaned loudly, muttering under his breath as he started to angrily stab his breakfast.

Sirius ignored him and turned back to the Ravenclaw table, his back straightening as his eyes scanned the entire Great Hall. Only the low chuckles from Peter pulling his attention back to his friends.

"She left." James laughed "But you know Moony's right. You need to do something about it."

Sirius scoffed but said nothing as he held his head on his hands.

"How long has it been since you saw them? Two weeks?"

"Three." Sirius muttered bitterly.

"Oh, you're counting them." Remus snorted, shaking his head.

Sirius turned sharply, pushing Remus' head and almost getting it all over his plate "Shut up, Moony." he said, turning back to James "And you're one to talk, how's Lily?" he mocked, making James smile sardonically at him.

"That's different. At least I am doing something about it. You're just staring. Speaking of..." James said, his eyes drifting from the table as he took his things in his hands, getting up from the table "Evans!" he didn't say another thing, leaving the table before anyone could say anything.

"You could always talk to her." offered Peter, making Remus and Sirius turn to him.

"I got that Peter, but she's always with him." Sirius said, referring to Regulus "It's like trying to find a fish out of the water." he sighed.

"Have you tried late at night?" Peter asked, getting questioning looks from both of his friends "I've heard she takes late night walks outside the castle, rarely gets caught so she won't be easy to find but, you know, she's all alone."

"How do you know that?" asked Remus with wide eyes.

Peter just shrugged his shoulders as he went back to his breakfast "Rats talk."

*******

The ceiling of your bed had started to lose shape as you stared at it, your eyes blurry as you blinked several times to clear up your sight with no luck. With a heavy sigh you turned on your side, letting out a soft groan as you read the clock on the wall across from you: 03:00 am.