XX

"No, really." Peter whispered under his breath, leaning on his elbows as he had fallen to the ground just in between James and Remus "Did that just happen?" he asked, pointing his finger towards you and Sirius as his eyes looked for James and Remus.

Remus' jaw would have touched the ground if it wasn't for the previous knowledge he had that Sirius loved you. He knew from the moment Sirius didn't stop talking about you after one month that you had something on him or he was really head over heels for you. It turned out the second one was the correct answer as you didn't even glance in his direction, which amused Remus to no end. To finally see Sirius do the chasing instead of the other way around. However, his mouth was open in a perfect circle, his eyes bulging from his head as he heard you say the three words everyone desired to hear from the one they loved, to hear those feelings were reciprocated. You said it first. He could come up with thousand of reasons why you had done it, the thrill of the moment, the adrenaline pumping through your veins, because you saw it as the perfect moment to do it, but in the end he came to the conclusion it was right there and then that you realized that what you felt was love, love for Sirius. And he had the honor to see the realization explode behind your eyes with a thousand fireworks and the bursting giggles of those three words.

James was grinning like an idiot. He had been the last one to get there, tripping over the overgrown roots of the trees and rolling down to the grass. Then he heard it, his best friend finally telling you he loved you. His body immediately jumped from his fallen state on the ground, holding his upper body with his elbows as his grin became bigger and brighter. Sirius had his back at him, only seeing the back of his head and how his arms disappeared from his sides to hold you close to him. He could see a small peak of you over his shoulder, just where the shade of your hair color melted with his. Your eyes were closed as you rested your head over his shoulder, until your head perked up and your eyes fluttered open, meeting James' bright gaze. He winked at you, your warm smile only cut when Sirius let go of you.

His grey eyes gleamed, you couldn't tell if the glossy look on them was from the happy unshed tears or simply his emotions reflected on them. You didn't care. You were certain your eyes mirrored his. His hands found your sides before they moved to cup your cheeks. "Wake me up." he mumbled, resting his forehead against yours with his eyes closed.

You let out a breathy laugh, finding his own cheeks with shaky palms "You're not dreaming." you told him in a whisper.

His thumbs ran over your cheekbones before he pulled you to him, his lips finding yours in a slow kiss, one both had been longing for since you first got a taste from the other, a kiss that didn't last long enough as he pulled from you. You didn't expect him to star peppering kisses all over your face, making you burst in a fit of giggles as your arms found his waist, trying to cover from his attack in the crook of his neck, but even there he managed to find the side of your head and the corner of your cheek. He finally gave up, wrapping you in the warmth of his arms, moving you slowly until your back was to his friends and he was facing them.

"What are you idiots doing here?" he asked then, glancing at every one of them in their spot on the ground as their eyes snapped away from the couple as soon as they saw Sirius' glare.

No one answered and you wiggled yourself out of his grasp to turn to them "Didn't you hear?" you asked him "They followed us here." you repeated, looking at them who now scratched the back of their heads.

"In our defense," defended James with a confident look "No one would have confessed their love for someone in the midst of a chase."

All four faces turned to the curly haired boy as he finished, Remus' judging look in his direction enough to make him shrug, as if his look carried something he didn't want.