XIII

"Sending someone to wake me up it's not what a best friend would do, Black." you muttered, running your hands through your hair as you brushed it away from your face with your fingers.

"Is your roommate still alive?" he asked with a knowing smile, standing straight from his previous position leaning on the wall outside your common room.

That day you hadn't woken up with the soft sunlight over your face, your skin warm to the touch as you stretched the sleep out of your body, you didn't wake up to the distant chatter of the rest of the Ravenclaws at the common room or to the smell of your roommates perfumes after they had showered. No. You woke up to the harsh grasp of Anne, one of your roommates, shaking you awake like some natural event was happening and you all had to run out of the castle. Did natural disasters even dare to touch Hogwarts? You didn't have the time to ask, the urgence in her voice when she told you some Slytherin boy was looking for you outside enough to make your own worry wash away with a groan, turning your back and diving deeper in your bed.

"He said it was important."

"I'm sure." you mumbled, your face buried in your pillow as you lifted your head, muttering under your breath as you got out of bed like a grumpy child.

"She's breathing." you assured him, a glare permanent in your face as you started to walk beside him "To what do I owe the pleasure of rising this early in the morning?" you asked bitterly.

"You're the worst." he said with a hint of humor, making you turn to him in both shock and a deeper glare.

"Excuse you?" you said.

"I play Quidditch, today is the game." he reminded you, the vague memory of those words being told to you before coming back to you "You asked me to come and look for you just before it began."

"You're playing this early?" you asked, looking outside the windows in the corridor to see the sun was barely out in the sky "You're not playing, Reg. That's called torture, someone like you should know that." you said, nudging his side with your arm.

He stayed silent, turning to you before he quickly glanced away. "What do you mean?" he asked.

You looked at him, taking his change of humor in before you answered "You and your habit of making me wake up early." you explained, but there was no humor behind your words anymore. "Are you sure you feel alright?"

He took a deep breath, one you barely noticed before he nodded firmly. "Of course." he answered "You're right, it's too early. I'm not fully awake yet." he said, patting his cheeks gently with the pads of his fingers, making you shake your head and laugh. "I thought we could have breakfast together, before the game."

"I-" you said, linking your arm with his "would absolutely love that."

Regulus led the both of you to the mostly empty Great Hall, breakfast being served to the few early birds like Regulus that chose to raise with the sun. You would never understand but you had, literally , asked for it.

You seated on your usual spot, your eyelids still a little heavy while you saw Regulus moved gracefully.

"Your tea." he said, handing you a cup with careful movements.

"How thoughtful." you answered, taking the cup from his hands as you took a slow sip "But I think if you want me to survive this day I might need something a little stronger."

He rolled his eyes and said nothing, as he switched his cup with yours with a swift movement across the table.

You looked down in shock at your new cup, the dark liquid reflecting your image and showing exactly how you felt "Since when do you drink coffee?" you asked in a whispered scream.