Care

Eddie groaned and passed a hand over his face. He was lying on the couch with one hand over his stomach. Sweat cling to his clothes and his hair and he shivered as the fever made ugly use of his body.
Two days. They had only been in this house for two days and Eddie found himself with a fever.
Jeez.
Talk about a honeymoon—-no, it wasn't a honeymoon, he ferociously told himself. It was a vacation. A trip. Nothing more.
His head throbbed and he felt like his insides were about to burst. Weakly shifting around, he reached out for the symbiote with his hands.
"V...." he whispered hoarsely. Venom instantly materialized and gently nuzzled his human's face. Eddie clung to the tendrils that extended from the mass, feeling the cool texture seep into him and smiled.
"I'm here, Eddie," Venom said softly.
"I...I thought symbiote's didn't get sick," the reporter croaked. Venom chuckled.
"We are not immortal, Eddie. We suffer if our host suffers." Venom reached out a tentacle and picked up a glass cup and filled it with water, returning back to Eddie and placing the tip of it against the man's lips. "Drink."
"Aw, c'mon, man, that's just gonna make me puke—"
"Drink the water, Eddie," Venom said again with no change to his voice.
Eddie sighed and allowed Venom to carefully pour the water down his throat, holding the glass for him. Venom in the meantime was stroking his hair, gently and tenderly. It almost made him drowsy. It was kinda sweet, having Venom love and care for him this way. It was like when Anne used to assist him whenever he was sick....
"But I am not Anne, am I, Eddie?" Venom grinned. "I'm Venom."
"Yeah except it's we, buddy," Eddie chucked a little. "We're both Venom."
"Yeah, we are..." Venom teased Eddie under the chin making the man giggle a little.
"Hey, no, stop," he said. "I'm sick, remember?"
"Hmm. Fine." Venom withdrew the tendrils and graciously indulged himself in the task of making sure that Eddie wasn't going to puke.
"Hey, V?"
"Yes, Eddie?"
"Do...do you think I'm feeling this way because of...you know....when you ate Carnage?" If Venom had eyebrows they would most definitely be raised right now.
"What?" he grunted.
"I mean, you didn't exactly seem to like eating him."
"Hmm. Yes. He did not taste good," Venom grunted. "But I assure you, Eddie. It has nothing to do with how you are feeling right now. It is only a fever. It will go away soon."
"Yeah...." Venom nuzzled under the crook of his neck and rubbed his face against the stubble.
"Hungry, Eddie," he whispered.
"Yeah, I know, bud, but I feel 's I eat anything, I'm gonna puke it all up."
"You human's and your puking," Venom said but his voice held a humorous note to it. "Not to worry! It would only be me eating, Eddie. I would make it so that you wouldn't have to digest it."
"Alright," Eddie closed his eyes. "What you have in mind?"
"Brains."
"V, we have chocolate."
"I told you a thousand times, I need brains to survive." Venom was extremely patient.
"We're in the middle of an island," Eddie remarked.
"We can't stay here forever, Eddie," the black symbiote replied.
"You're not wrong," Eddie agreed with a small smile.
"Besides," he grinned as he floated closer, "why get up from this couch to feast when I could just take a bite out of you?"
"No biting, V," Eddie muttered and turned over onto his side to try to get some rest.
"Good idea, Eddie. You sleep and then I will eat."
"Uh-huh."
Venom looked down at his host a few moments later. Eddie was indeed asleep, his breathing steady and gentle. Venom hummed softly and reached out a tentacle to touch the man's fever flushed face.
Hmm. He was warm. Eddie shouldn't be this warm. Venom cocked his head a little as he stared at his human sleeping peacefully. He looked so cute, sleeping. He looked cute in general to the creature, but Venom found him at his best when the man slept.
Eddie...my Eddie...needs to cool down...
Grabbing a dishrag from the kitchen, Venom got it wet with water and then wrung it out, carrying it back to where Eddie lay.
Gently placing it across the man's forehead, Venom could feel through their bond the coolness of the water pressing soft against Eddie's pink skin. It made the symbiote shiver a little and he cautiously slipped out a tendril and stroked Eddie's cheek, sighing quietly as the man unconsciously snuggled him closer, allowing Venom to ever so sweetly wrap his tendrils around his host in a warm blanket of liquidity love.
Venom lay his head down on Eddie's slowly rising and falling chest like a loyal dog and looked into his human's eyes.
Eddie, Eddie....get better soon.