You Really Want to Know? (Part 1)

Eddie sighed and restlessly fidgeted in the sand as he and his symbiote sat in the yellow sand, watching the sunset.

Venom tilted his head a little to the side, indicating that he had noticed.

"Eddie?"

"I'm good, buddy," Eddie lied. Venom turned his head towards his host's now, squinting at him with his large, beautiful white eyes.

"You are tense," he stated simply.

"Yeah, no kidding," Eddie said with a short laugh.

"Why are you tense?"

Eddie shrugged.

"I dunno, man," he mumbled, looking back towards the sunset. Another lie.

The real reason why Eddie was being so tense was because of what had taken place just a few hours before. Venom had not so subtly admitted his love for Eddie and Eddie had been the one to tease him, but then V went right back around at him, firmly and happily nodding as he stated, shouting gleefully, "You do love me! You do!" over and over again.

Now Eddie couldn't have been able to shake that off even if he could. Venom's adamant attitude about Eddie loving him was.... very true.

Very true.

Eddie felt his heart warm up a little and he blushed, a soft tingling sensation filling him to the brim. He lowered his gaze when he saw Venom move a little closer towards him, the liquid-like skin of the symbiote rippling softly, pumping in and out of him like a machine.

"Eddie...."

Eddie's heart pounded when he felt Venom's head gently bump up against his and he blushed a shade darker.

"Yeah?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

"There is no shame in admitting what you truly feel," Venom smiled, his teeth gleaming in the sunset's orange and red light.

"I know, but..."

"But?"

"...it's hard to explain," Eddie mumbled.

"We know," the black symbiote said, bumping his head against Eddie's again. "We can feel it. We understand."

Then Venom pulled back and continued staring at the sunset, leaving Eddie with his thoughts.

Well....he didn't have to think for long. Blushing furiously now, Eddie finally broke with a frustrated sigh.

"Fine! Fine, you asshole! I love you, alright? There, I said it, you happy now?" he said, turning his head away to hide his ever growing blush.

Venom grinned.

"See? It wasn't that hard, was it, Eddie? Only three words." He floated closer, his grin turning sinfully wicked. "Do you mean it?"

"Um..y-yeah, I do," Eddie replied, glancing at that alien face once before looking away again.

"Goood."

Eddie felt shivers dancing down his back at that low rumbling purr close to his ear and swallowed thickly, willing his heart to return back to its normal speed.

He felt Venom's "arm" on his shoulder squeeze him fondly before Venom floated around to face him, blocking out the setting sun with his black head.

"What do you want, Eddie?" came the low rumble.

"I—I'm not sure," Eddie replied dumbly. "I..." he paused and then finally looked up into Venom's eyes. "What do you want?"

Venom tilted his head a little, amused.