It Started at 3 AM (Part 2)

Carlton didn't know why he had woken up. He usually slept through the entire night without interruptions. But tonight...there was something different about it.

As he lay on his back, awake and trying to figure out how he was going to fall asleep, he remembered what Eddie had told him yesterday morning.

"I'm serious!" Eddie had said to an unbelieving Carlton. "It texted me, told me to open the door, and everything! Even the light turned on and off and the sink turned on!"

"Yeah, and how am I supposed to believe that this wasn't you just dreaming this?" Carlton muttered. "Is there proof?"

"I think I still have the texts," Eddie said, taking his phone out and went to contacts. His face fell after a few seconds. "Wait. What? Why aren't they showing up?"

"See? Buffing," Carlton had told him.

Now as Carlton lay in his bed, he felt apprehensive. He tried to calm his heart but the stupid thing wouldn't listen. It was dark in this room and—

The time.

He had to check the time.

He didn't know why he was freaking out about it when he specifically told Eddie he didn't believe in this sort of thing but he was freaking out now.

2:57.

Shit. Almost three.

Carlton thought about going over to tell Eddie, but he was probably sleeping. He was about to ask to make sure when he heard Eddie give a soft little whimper.

Was he dreaming? Carlton certainly hoped so. But as the time progressed, Carlton grew nervous. He glanced across the room and saw that the closet door was open.

Wait.

He had shut it before he had went to bed. Right? Wait. Yeah, he had shut it! He remembered closing it before they went to bed at twelve!

Then why was it open?

Carlton felt goosebumps crawl along his flesh as he lay in bed. Eddie's whimpers soon grew louder and he was moving restlessly in his bed. Carlton was about to tell him to shut up when he heard a soft, wet, gentle sound coming from Eddie's bed.

What the actual fuck? Carlton turned his head and squinted, trying to see what was happening over there. He saw Eddie laying in his bed, but when he looked harder, he saw that Eddie wasn't actually in his bed at all, he was lifted up about a foot into the air, bands of something holding him up by the wrists and ankles. Thick, black ropes seemed to be touching and stroking him all over.

Another wet squelch and another moan.

That's when Carlton realized those weren't ropes.

Those were tentacles.

Holy shit!

Carlton was about to get out of bed and wake Eddie up. This was fucked up! So fucked up! He had to get that thing away from Eddie!

He began to climb out of bed but then was forcefully slammed back down with a surprised yelp. Trying to get up, he was only pressed back down again. Something that felt like wet, slick gelatin-like ropes began to wind around his wrists, immobilizing his hands.

Carlton gasped when he felt something crawling over him, settling on top of his chest. It was heavy and thick.

Carlton tried to get away but the restraints didn't let him move an inch. Swallowing a whimper, he gasped when he suddenly felt two of those tentacles pressing against his temples, tickling and caressing softly.

Was it trying to hypnotize him?

That's when he heard that deep, rumbling voice. It was close, as if the thing was speaking in his ear and inside of him at the same time.