Good Boy (Part 1)

"I...I can't do this."

Why not? We've done in numerous times before, Eddie.

"That's because you were in control!"

Pussy.

"I am not!"

Eddie stood on the top of the apartment building, looking down at the cold, dark alleyway he was trying to jump down into. He could faintly hear the honks and traveling of traffic, but he seemed more focused on his task at the moment.

Do you need a little push? Venom's voice sounded sly as a tentacle curled around and gently started pushing him toward the edge.

"No! No, I don't!" Eddie shouted, scrambling back from the edge. "I can do this by myself!"

Well, we've been up here for thirty minutes and you said you would jump. I don't think you plan on doing it. Pussy.

"Hey, give a guy some slack here! I have a natural fear of heights, that's all!"

You're not getting over it if you don't decide to jump, Eddie.

"Shut up. I'm trying."

Venom sighed and Eddie could feel the wave of annoyance passing through their bond.

So are you going to jump or not?

"Be patient! Jeez!"

I am about run out of patience, Eddie. If you don't jump in the next five seconds, I will push you off.

"What?!"

Do you not trust me, Eddie? You don't think I will catch you? Venom teased lightly.

"Buddy, I trust you, it's just....jumping off a high mark and falling towards the pavement are two things I don't like happening."

Then jump. I will always catch you. Venom's voice was soft and comforting and Eddie smiled a little as he felt that same tentacle gently caress his cheek.

"Yeah," he whispered. He nodded his head and took in a shaky breath. "I trust you, V." Venom rumbled and Eddie felt the vibrations in his chest.

Good boy.

It wasn't that Venom hadn't want to stumble across this. Eddie was particularly secretive about his life, especially the "Eddie closet" types of secrets. Secrets that only Eddie knew. Venom wasn't allowed to look at them, which had made him even more curious to try to extract them out of Eddie in the most subtle way possible.

But this. He hadn't expected those two words to open up a little bit of that "Eddie closet". He felt Eddie's heart rate and pulse quicken and grinned to himself. Hmm. Eddie was also getting.... flustered?

That almost never happened.

But why? It was just two words.

The alien was suddenly aware that some of the "Eddie closet" had opened, even if it just had been a crack. He knew he shouldn't have peeked in, but he had to. Eddie was literally broadcasting it to him! And Venom wasn't the type to just let it go like that.

So he grabbed onto that little bit of information. He caught a glimpse of Eddie's flushed face as Anne kissed him and called him a good boy. That was before Eddie had met Venom. But now Anne was married to Dan and all Eddie had left was Venom.

So.... Eddie was reacting to what Venom had said. He liked it. He liked it when Venom had called him a good boy. What was this called? A praise kink? That's what Eddie was showing him now apparently.

Venom was about to dig in deeper when he realized that they were falling.

Oh! Eddie had actually jumped!

Venom quickly enveloped him just before they hit the ground, covering him in his black warmth, keeping him safe and protected. Venom landed with a heavy this on both feet, grinning proudly.

"I thought you weren't going to catch me!" Eddie's squeaky, trembling voice cried from the inside. Venom hummed and smirked.

"I told you I would always catch you, Eddie," he replied.

"And you did."

"Good job, Eddie. You trusted me. Good boy."

There it was again. That same, curious feeling that had Venom grinning like a maniac. Eddie liked that. He enjoyed being called a good boy and getting praises.

"So cute," Venom mused.

"Wh-what?" Eddie's voice was high pitched.

"Mmm, nothing. We should go on patrol again. We need to keep the city safe," Venom hummed, turning and leaping up onto the top of another building. He stood looking over the landscape from where he was and smiled.

The city lights were so pretty. He enjoyed looking at them, especially with Eddie. Everything was better with Eddie.

"Hey, uh, about last night. Sorry I couldn't get us those chocolates you wanted."

"It is fine. Mrs. Chen understands. That's why she gave us chocolate pocky instead!"

"Yeah. Mrs. Chen is a nice woman."

There was a comfortable silence for a few more moments before Eddie began to speak again.

"Hey, uh, V? I need to tell you something."

"Yes, Eddie. You can tell me anything."

"So you know about earlier? When I was about to jump?"

"Mm-Hmm..."

"W-well, I—"

Suddenly, the quiet night was shattered by a loud, panicked, bloodcurdling shriek, causing both to instantly perk up. Venom's eyes narrowed and he licked his teeth hungrily.

"Bad guy!" he crowed. Tilting his head a little, he grinned. "Shall we, Eddie?"

"Stop stalling, you big lug! Get our ass over there so we can save them!"

Venom laughed.

"Good boy."

That same fuzzy, happy feeling from Eddie was back, and as Venom launched himself across the buildings, leaping from roof to roof, he grinned. He knew what it was.

Eddie had a praise kink.

But now wasn't the time. They were in the role of Lethal Protector now. There would be more time later to figure this whole thing out.

For now, they were just going to do what they did best.

Be lethal.

Protect the innocent.

And eat bad guys.

And then, maybe later, Venom would experiment more on this "praise kink", whatever that was.

He couldn't wait. And to his delight, he found out Eddie couldn't wait either.

Oh, this was going to be a good night.