Chapter 1 - Elizabeth

Belle
~f l a s h b a c k~
"Ow!" The girl had gotten knocked into the lockers by some cheerleaders, assholes.

"One sec girles!" Gross, the sarcasm dripped off my voice. I did a little speed walk towards the girl, I had seen her in my Science and Art classes a couple times.

She was average height with dark blonde hair that fell straight down her back, there was highlights growing down a couple centimeters off her roots, I had seen her get bullied for them a couple months ago.

I felt sad thinking about the fact she had probably just wanted to feel pretty. She probably left the hair salon thinking everyone would compliment her, but she got the opposite.

Damn people can be mean.

"Hey um... You need any help" I offered a small smile as I knelt down beside her holding out my hand.

She looked like she would rather eat dirt than take it, after staring at my hand for an excruciatingly long ten seconds, she grabbed it. I pulled her up as she stared at me.

"Thanks." Muttering under her breath she smoothed out her hair.

"You're Elizabeth right?" I tried to add a little conversation to make this less awkward

"Yup" She clearly wanted to dismiss me but I didn't budge.

"You know, You can run back to your friends now" Oh.. I just felt bad she got pushed, I had only wanted to help.

"Ehm... yeah sorry I just saw them push you and well if someone did that to me, I don't know I guess I would have appreciated the help" I cringed as I let each word fall out of my mouth.

"And all the other times just went straight over your head?" She scoffed slightly but I still caught it "Your either stupid or so far up your own asshole that you didn't notice"

I smiled lightly at her to show her I wasn't offended "Oh... my bad, ehm yeah my friends are waving me over so I should... yeah."

She looked me over one more time before shutting her locker awkwardly and walking off into the sea of people.

God what a cringey encounter. I smoothed out my skirt and made my way back over to the girls. The girls I called 'friends'

~End Of Flashback~

If only I had known then what the word friend meant. Maybe I would have gotten to know Bethy when I needed her the most.

Beep Beep Beep

Sure she was my ride or die now, but back then it would have been nice to have her by my side. But sadly life doesn't go in an upward motion forever, it has to get worse to get better. "Belle? Will you turn that off!" I felt a pillow smash against my face.

I opened my eyes forcing a smile at Elizabeth.
"You know a light shake on my arm also works for future reference."

"Your alarm has been going off for the past five minutes. C'mon Belle You know how it goes, desperate ti-"

"Times call for desperate measures, yeah yeah I hear that way too often" Beth rolled her eyes and stalked off towards the kitchen. That girl does my head in sometimes, but I suppose I do love her... most of the time anyway. When she isn't mothering me to no end.

Before I could even tune into the real world she shouted into me "B you want any toast?"

"No thanks." I dragged myself into the shower and washed off the remnants of last night. I swear there was spray paint in my hair. Me and Beth had gotten trashed last night for the first day of summer break.