Chapter 14 - I hate you

Belle's Pov

"Can you pass me one?" Sophie leaned over Jack and picked up a marshmallow and passed it to me.

"Thanks" We were all sitting round the firepit in the garden. We were all sat around it on these skimpy chairs. Isaac hadn't bothered to get the ones in the house and had grabbed 6 plastic ones from the shed.

The party had died down a couple hours ago after Leo got sick of everyone and told them to leave.

He wasn't a big fan of people, kinda like me.. I guess?

"So how did you guys meet?" Kaylee asked after she shoved a marshmallow in her mouth.

Me and Leo looked at each other across the campfire for a millisecond, meeting those pretty green eyes.

I turned away from him towards Kaylee to answer but he got there before me. As usual.

"We met at her job, the cafe on 34th street... But of course that was not our first official meet, I'd known her a long time before that."

oh

I mean... We had seen each other around, obviously. You don't attend ten billion frat parties and expect to not bump into every single person on campus, and of course he was my brothers bestfriend, but a long time?

I hadn't lived here that long, unless your counting the time I ran away to New York with Beth for a couple months. But surely I hadn't met him then?

I would have remembered him obviously, right... right?

"The first date was at the cinema.. Remember sweetheart?" Oh right I forgot to help him out with this whole thing.

"Yeah... Yup we watched-" Shit

think think think

"-Taken." Thank god he finished that sentence.

"Oh Belle! Your favorite movie." Weird how Jack remembered.

"Yeah" I smiled at him.

It went quiet for a second before David came running into the garden.

God he had more energy than usual, delightful.

It would take forever to get him back to sleep.

"Guys! Beth never woke me up!" Oh I had totally forgotten about Beth and Oli.

I wonder what happened with them, oh god. Oli wasn't home and it was late. Like toooooo late.

gross.

"Any spare chairs?" We all shook our heads as David searched the shed for a minute, coming back empty handed.

David turned to me tilting head head a little. Nononononnoononononononono

I knew where this was going, and from the expression on Leo's face he knew too.

"Belle can you please-" I stood up and put my finger to his lips.

"-No." His face dropped.

"Just... No."

"Belle please..... Pretty please" Leo looked away from the two of us, avoiding eye contact with me, ugh whatever.

Oh god, I had to do this.

I internally screamed before giving in "Fine." Everyone smiled but me and Leo as David took my seat.

Leo's eyes finally looked at mine, pretty pretty pretty.

I walked over and did my best graceful way of sitting on his lap.

Was it awkward? Most definitely!

Was it uncomfortable? Not necessarily...