Chapter 18 - One bed

Belle's Pov

"Did you get gas? Because I didn't bring a bag to stay overnight somewhe-"

Leo rolled his eyes and backed out of the driveway.

"Yeah yeah yeah. You don't want to stay overnight because you forgot a bag, blah blah blah." He taunted.

I shoved him in the arm and put on the radio.

The static hum of an unknown radio station blared out of the speakers.

Leo looked unfazed for whatever reason. "Do you always listen to music that loud?" I questioned.

He nodded slightly before looking at me.

"Always" And focused his attention back on the road.

"Your insufferable" I heard a small laugh showing how unconvincing that statement was.

"Yeah right sweetheart. That's why your in a car with me for the next 11 hours, that's why you kissed me, that's why-"

Oh the audacity on this little bitch.

"Ex-cuseeee me! You kissed me first!"

I exclaimed as he scoffed sarcastically to himself.

"Takes two to tango, princess"

princess

princess

princess

I turned to look out the window, making sure the slight blush on my face was hidden.

I hoped we wouldn't have to talk for the rest of the trip. Well at least until we stopped at the pet store.

You see this morning... I told the rat beside me to meet up at 11, wanting to go to the pet store and gather the necessities, obviously?

But the rat showed up an hour late! Yes, an HOUR.

So now I have nothing for the cat, no bed, no food, no toys!

I was lost in my own thoughts when I felt a little tap on my arm. I turned to him and slapped his hand away.

"Yes" I said, replying with a bitchier tone than usual. oops.

"Poked the bear." He muttered to himself.

I resisted the overpowering urge to slap him again and managed a 'nicer' tone than usual "What do you want?" I asked.

"Well should I take the exit up on Tillstown or Bellview park? Bellview is the quicker way to get to that pet store you so desperately want to go to.!

"Yeah well if you hadn't been an hour late we would have already been to said pet store, hm?"

He rolled his eyes once again. Every damn time he rolled his stupid eyes. pretty eyes. but stupid.

A minute went by where neither of us spoke.

"I think that's the longest you have ever lasted without saying anything..." Well he knew I didn't like silence.

"Being quiet is overrated." That statement was true and much deeper then I would ever go into detail about.

I just hoped he would drop it and not look into what I just said.

"Why don't you like it being quiet? Not relaxing enough for you?"

Cole would hit me until I was bruised all over, but he would never let me scream, never let me protest.

'Stay quiet Anna, cant have anyone figuring out what a disappointment you are'