Chapter 26 - one

THIS IS NOT A FLASHBACK CHAPTER. THIS IS JUST ME PIECING TOGETHER BELLES TIMELINE. DONT GIVE UP ON THE BOOK BECAUSE OF SAD CHAPTERS. Please.

6 years ago... age 16 TW - Cole (and like alcohol abuse, light mentions of rape, death, hospitals, surgery...)

I giggled at Beth as she collapsed onto the floor after attempting a high kick. Despite the bitchy cheerleaders, joining the cheer team was all we focused on.

I didn't necessarily believe in myself but I believed in Beth. She was the co - ordinated one of us two. I could barely tell my left to my right.

She groaned and picked up her gym bag.

"I'm gonna get to next period. But you keep practicing." She pointed her finger at me and waggled it in my face.

"Yeah yeah." The gym door closed with a bang and I took a sip of my water.

I could do this. I could do this. I could do this.

Dragging my mat on the floor up the little stairs and placing it directly in the center. Feet slightly apart, hands up, believe in yourself.

I pushed off the ground and attempted a cartwheel, landing on the mat with a thump. I needed Bethy for motivation.

I put my head in my hands before getting up to retry.

"Excuse me." I was stopped when I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Cole. Oli's  friend. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a teeny tiny crush on him. Brothers best friend and all that.

"Sorry I was just in here for... practice." I took another sip of my water, avoiding eye contact with those blue eyes.

"Yeah.. The whole basketball team normally 'practices' in here. So I'd suggest you leave."

Asshole.

"Then let them watch me." I grinned and put down my water bottle beside the gym bag.

He shook his head slowly. "Your Anna right?"

Wow, he doesn't even know my name. I repeat, asshole.

"No-" I was cut off when he looked towards the gym doors as the whole basketball team came running in.

"I'll see you around, Anna." He completely ignored me and slightly waved his hand. Walking briskly back down the steps to join his teammates.

"It's not Anna!" I called out after him but he wouldn't have heard me. Oh well. It's not like it will ever matter.

~~~~~~~~~
5 months later - age 17

I stroked my fingers up and down his arm as he looked into my eyes. "Cole?" I ask.

"Mhm"

"Remember when you thought my name was Anna?" He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"Oh god and you didn't correct me for weeks on end. Yes... thank you I just loved it." He said sarcastically and I giggled.

"I liked when you called me Anna... It was a just us two thing. No else's." I said and he raises an eyebrow.

"I liked it too, Anna." He kisses me on the lips and I kiss him back. I like him.

No. Scrap that. I love him.

I love him. I love him. I love him.

~~~~~~~~~
2 months later - age 17