Chapter 29 - two

(PLEASE VOTE)
Leo's Pov :(

"I mean seriously Leo? We can't have this on the bloody newspaper!" He waves it in my face, jabbing at the picture.

A picture, on any regular day I would love, but today. It only hurt.

"I never said this was allowed. I don't care wether you're my son or not, I don't want you in the spotlight. This could be damaging for my business." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, I know Belle would have by now. I mean what he was saying is ridiculous, a picture of me in the newspaper can't be damaging for his fake little image.

But I'm not Belle. So I sat there, listening to my father give out to me as if I was seventeen again. "You can't tell anyone anything. You're cut off until further notice. If more people see this shit then you will only get more popular." I nodded and stood up.

He turned around with a stupid scowl on his face and walked back into the kitchen.

"Are we done? I have something to attend..." I promised her. Belle deserves a great birthday and though she might not admit it. It wouldn't be a great birthday without me by her side.

Squeezing her waist when she can't think straight or kissing her when Beth points a camera at us. She's definitely wearing a red dress as well, again it would be for me. Yet she would claim she just likes the color. I smiled as I thought about it, making my way to the door.

Before I got reminded just why I cant do that. "Don't Leo. You're making a mistake with her. I'm not finished with you. You have five minutes to call her, then we are discussing your future payments."

He finally leaves me alone in the living room and I sit down in the living room. Belle needs me there.

I promised her.

I pull out my phone and dial the number, letting it ring. Only three seconds go by before she answers.

"Hello?" As soon as I hear her voice I can tell she's been crying, wether it's from me or something else. I want to be there. I want to tell her it'll be okay and wipe under her stupid pretty eyes.

"Hey." I say it quietly so my dad can't hear me.

"Hi."

"Why'd you call?" She questions and I sigh.

"I wanted to hear your voice." It wasn't a lie. I loved her voice. I remember once in high school she sang that awful song from Oklahoma for our school play.

I was a piece of wheat in a field. Slightly embarrassing, but it's not like she knew who I was.

All the difference in our lives that led us here. There was those other times we sang in the car to that paper rings song she loves so much.

"What are we doing?" I ask it as more of a rhetorical question and answer before she can. "Whatever it is... it's really, really tiring and-"

"-And sometimes, holding on hurts more then letting go..." I exhale slowly and look behind me, scared that my dad is listening in.

Holding on hurts more than letting go. Fuck.

"I promised myself... I promised that I would never break rule 5." The way my heart accelerates is slightly alarming but I keep my composure.

I smile and shake my head. My tongue poked against my cheek.

"And I said I hated you. We all say things that aren't true Belle. But you can say it. It's three simple words. Just say it. Please." I didn't care that I was pleading. I needed to hear her say it and everything we have said in the past is forgotten. Because it would mean she does love me.