Chapter 32 - refrigerator light

Leo's Pov :)

VOTE PLS

"We have to finish my speech! It's her damn funeral." I sighed and held up the box. "Just open it! Please." Belle still looked skeptical but she unraveled the red ribbon eventually. Her eyes widening at the little book.

"This... this is the book I told you about in the café..." She picked it up and flicked through, her smile growing slowly. "And you annotated it." I grinned as she put the book down and kissed my forehead.

"I highlighted the moments I thought you would like the most." It was the day we went to Lily's housewarming, I specifically asked her what her favorite book was so I knew for the future, in that little diner.

"Illicit loves." I was scouring Darlas café library and it was tucked away behind the back row, I knew she would love it. Since she's a sucker for romance books.

"That day... you asked me what my top 3 favorite things in the entire world were..?" She thought for a moment and nodded. "Mhm. You said cookies for your number 1, right?" She questioned while interlocking her fingers through mine.

"Yeah... It's not cookies anymore." I rubbed little circles on her palm as she narrowed her eyes. "As adorable as that is, unfortunately for you... mine is still Taylor Swift." Of course.

"I wouldn't expect anything less, sweetheart." She kisses my nose and got up off my lap, putting her book on the bed side table. "And you know what else happened that day?"

She shook her head, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You we're getting Oreo ice cream and I made a promise to myself, that I would never, ever fail you like the world has..."

"I trust you. Okay? I need you to know that I trust you, maybe not with my life but I'm willing to learn. I know that this won't be easy because this is a new... relationship or whatever, but I'm all in." She said quietly as leaned over her, grabbing the book.

"You wanna read it?" She nodded happily and positioned herself in between my legs, her back to my stomach.

Shit.

"You have got to be kidding me!" She whipped around and looked me dead in the eye, then towards my jeans. "You're turned on right now?!? Oh my god. Oh. My. Go-" I put a finger to her lips and she scowled at me.

"Belle! You cant get all mushy and then expect me not to react!" She shakes her head. "React without your penis!" I shushed her once more, turning the first page of her book.

"No, Leo! You have ruined the moment with your... your... Penis! Let's just finish the damn speech." I groaned as she took off my jumper, showing off the little red bra she was wearing.

Looking away from me in frustration, focusing on the little piece of paper. "So if we get all this done, then we can go out in the snow. You have gotta help me and just... pay attention." She turned back to me and I moved my eyes... downwards.

I like to think I'm a very respectable guy, but Belle has some nice fucking tits. So no. I wasn't trying to be discrete. "Hey! Maxwell, eyes up here." She clicked her fingers and I grinned, not removing my gaze from her chest.

She rolls her eyes and rubs a hand across her forehead. "Robinson, you roll your eyes at me one more time and I will give you a better reason to do it." Belle takes a deep breath and holds her hand up.

"I will actually murder you, like cold blooded, no remorse you little rat tail-" Before she could spew some more gory details of my... very bloody murder. The door burst open.

"Felix is gay!" Julia dropped her bag in the floor, sitting down in between us.

"We could have been naked!" Belle exclaims and Julia gives her a side eye. "Nothing I haven't seen before babe." Belle blinks a couple times and raises her hands in surrender.