Chapter 30 - I love you, you stupid idiot

for the sake of the story cali -> newyork is a seven hour journey.

Leo's Pov -
23rd of December - 1 month and 23 days later

"Leo... I consider Belle my soulmate. But Belle doesn't consider me hers. For her, it's you. Ever since that first day. I mean just take a look at her every once in a while when she's with you and that says all the answers you need to know." She sighs and takes a sip of her tea.

"Just promise me you won't leave it too late pretty boy. I lost Oli for a dumb ass reason. Don't lose Belle for something similar. Wether you're ready to tell her about your feelings or not, it doesn't matter. Be there for her." I lean against the fridge and stare her down.

"Beth, why do you choose to do this to me." She avoids my eyes.

"Pretty please, Belle is so boring when she is in a bad mood. I need you to lift it. Maybe stick it to her real good this weekend, she's had a dry spell. And not to be even more of a bitch but it's not like you have any better plans, with your dad an all." Ah Beth, forever sugar coating her words.

"So you can join Jules in Florida, maybe your dad in a corporate meeting? Or.. you can join your very super cool friend Beth in California." She does a little jazz hands and points to herself. "But Belle and I.. I mean we haven't even talked for months."

She groans and stands up. "Have you not listened to a word I said. Listen to this sentence. She has let her self get close to three guys in her life, Cole, Sam and... you. Don't be another name that she tells her future children on how much she hated your stupid guts." I hate when Bethy is right, which is always.

~~~~~~~~~
Later
Belles Pov

"Leo... what are you doing?" He shrugged and patted the passenger seat. "We are going to California." I sat in beside him and stared straight ahead.

"But we are broken up...?" He nods and then puts the keys in the ignition. "Sweetheart, I made a promise to you five months ago that I would go home with you for Christmas. And correct me if i'm wrong, but you still don't know how to drive. So i'm driving you. Any further questions?" This man had to be joking.

"Leo..." I groaned and rub a hand over my face. "We still have to talk." He turns on the car and drives out of the parking space. "Yes. And now we have a delightful seven hour journey, to do just that."

He turned on the radio and paper rings played into the silence. It stayed quiet like that for a whopping four minutes before I broke. "I'm not mad at you for missing my birthday, or kissing someone else, especially because we aren't together."

"Let me explain both... because I fucking hate miscommunication." I turn down the music and he continues.

"I never kissed that girl. I said hi to her and chickened out, haven't even looked at another girl since." I smiled and looked at my lap. He's cute or whatever.

"My birthday...?" He turns the corner onto the highway and sighs.

"Uhm... I went to go see my dad, he was pretty mad about the whole newspaper thing. Scared that if I got signed off I'd be able to earn my own money. Which meant I could stop getting income from him and he wouldn't be able blackmail me into not saying anything about our past." Damn it. I'm an idiot. A literal idiot.

"So basically... I'm an asshole?" He laughs and turns up the radio. "Nope. It was just a stupid move on my part for not saying anything." I feel a weight practically lift off my shoulders, he didn't want to kiss the girl.