Chapter 3 - red

"I'm so jealous. How come I don't have a fake boyfriend?"

"You wouldn't have said yes Bethy. No matter who it is."

She scoffed at me and opened the roof to the car. I could smell the sea as we drove along the road.

"So now, at parties when you go off with this fake boyfriend of yours... Who do I talk to?" She questioned and I thought for a moment.

"We do have other friends you can hang out with, Kaylee, Julia, Axel... hell even my brother"

I looked at her...
Then she looked at me...
and we burst out laughing.

I mean we were cackling about that last line for at least 4 minutes.

Beth tried to regain her breath before speaking "Oh god that is fun-ny! As if I would every voluntarily hang out with your brother, that boy boils my blood." I hated that they didn't get along, my two closest people and they just disliked each other.

"Well we are going to be hanging out with him in a couple minutes... so you might want to put your hatred for said brother, away. Preferably."

I wiped the smile off my face before getting out of the car and linked arms with Beth as we went towards the Restaurant. "But listen about the whole fake-relationship thing, I think it might be good to let myself loose for a little after... everything." She turned her head to mine and smiled.

"Agreed babe"

The restaurant was big and fancy, wouldn't expect anything less from Oliver. We made our way through the revolving doors and towards the front table.

There was a brunette girl waiting there with an iPad in her right hand. You wouldn't catch Darla ever using one of those.

Beth spoke up before I did "Hi, is there a table reservation for Robinson?"

The brunette led us over to a table at the back. We followed behind her as she practically jogged ahead of us.

I saw Oli's blonde hair from meters away.

I squinted my eyes when I saw extra heads with their backs to us...

Oh god he had friends with him. Well okay I brought Beth but that's not the point.

Me and Beth made eye contact before realizing how insufferable this would be.

As me and Beth got closer to the table I realized the volume of what I had agreed to do not 40 minutes ago.

And there he was, that green eyed boy turned his face to meet mine. Time ceased to exist for a hot minute.

The three of them got out of their chairs to greet us, oh god.

One of them who I believe is called David got up to bear hug me.

Friendly I guess? He pulled away from me and spoke a bit louder than I could handle from the little hangover I gained from last night

"Belle I've heard so much about you!" I smiled at him "All good I hope!" He raised his eyebrows "You'd be surprised"

I turned to Beth who was talking to my fake boyfriend over there and saw Oli going in for a hug out of the corner of my eye. Oh this was happening, I returned his hug and turned to smile at Leo.

He just looked quickly at me and sat down.

awkward

Beth jumped in beside beside David and I shuffled in beside her.

I was facing Leo. Another awkward. And Beth was facing Oli with David to the left of him.

It was a tight enough booth but we all managed.