Chapter 37 - three.

Vote please (tap on the screen the click bottom left star)
Pls comment throughout the chapter! Boosts the story :)

All because mommy ella said so.

..........
Someday, in another life we will dance around the kitchen, with nothing but the refrigerator light to guide us, to illuminate our shadows. Your arms wrapped around me will be enough to keep us safe from the demons of the world, even as we grow old and frail, the spark will never die Between Us.

The spark that keeps us desperate to explore every part of the world. I don't care if people call us crazy or insane or too young to know if forever truly exists, since it'll never fade with age. I would never grow tired of squeezing your hand three times or receiving a paper ring until it's platinum. There is not a single person in this world that would jump in front of a bullet for me, yet you would, you would guard me with your life. I promise to spend the rest of my life, loving you and only you. No one will ever, ever replace the bandages you wrapped around my heart.

I'm yours, only yours and forever... yours.

————————

Belles Pov

one
two
three

one
two
three

"He died on impact, the drunk driver hit the side of their car."

one
two
three

'Holding on hurts more than letting go.'

one
two
three

"There wouldn't have been any time to save him." I watch as the nurse avoids my grieving girlfriend eyes.

one
two
three

"Don't you get it! We don't care about Mark. What happened to the others!?" I hear Beth shout at the nurse.

one
two
three

"Beth, please." I plead as the stands up, getting scarily close to breaking.

"He uhm... he is stable. But, he's on life support. Hasn't woken up since he was evacuated from the scene so... It's really a matter of time."

one
two
three

'Holding on hurts more than letting go.'

"Let us see them." The nurse shakes her head at Beth. "I'm sorry, only family is allowed in there at this moment in time."

one
two
three

I cant take this, I cant do this, I don't want to do this.

"WE ARE THEIR CLOSEST THING TO FAMILY." I shout and the nurse takes a step back, glancing at David and Julia beside me.

one
two
three

"I suppose I could... bend the rules?" She shrugs and the rest of us nod as if that wasn't the obvious answer.