Chapter 4 - Champagne Problems

I stepped out of Daisies Dresses feeling accomplished. One of my moms old college classmates owned the shop so I figured I could get a discount.

wrong.

Oh Sweet mother of mine forgot to mention a key detail that they were classmates who just happened to hate each other.

But I still found a dress. It was red and silky. Loose at the top but tight at my waist. It had a slit up to my mid thigh.

It was perfect for tomorrow night.

I walked towards the bus stop because my car was at the garage. I had saved up for a car since my very first job back in California a couple years ago.

A car had always been the dream. I finally achieved it 2 months ago. To say I was proud of myself was an understatement.

I did my best to keep the dress cover from not skidding across the wet pavement as I rounded the corner towards the bus stop.

Beth would be cursing at me right now and would insist to pick me up if I told her.

She had rushed out for a dinner date downtown after getting home from lunch with the guys.

Beth and David had gotten on well so I assumed they would be fast friends, I quite liked him too.

David was a big enough guy. He had light brown hair and blue eyes. They were nice, not green, but nice.

The bus pulled up and I took a seat towards the front. I think the front is totally underrated for the bus.

Or maybe it's my paranoia after missing my stop once because I had fallen asleep at the back.

I pressed the little red stop button so the driver would know where to drop me off. I got out of the bus and quickly made my way up to my apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~

I put the finishing touches to my outfit as I heard Beth come through the door.

"B, I'm home!"

"Yeah I'm in here! How long do you need to get ready?"

She walked into my room and flopped down on my bed

"20 minutes max, 10 for a mental recovery session, ten for primming and prepping"

"It went that bad huh?" I plopped down right beside her and stroked her hair.

"I really thought that guy was nice, I mean his profile seemed so good, maybe too good to be true." She groaned as I brought her head to a pillow on my lap

"I know, I know. Maybe you shouldn't go on blind dates anymore hm? Just a thought."

She pushed herself off me and gave me the finger.

"Real nice Bethy" I giggled as she stomped off towards her room. What a dramatic grown ass woman.

I sat on my phone for the next twenty minutes reading a book from my kindle app. Me and Beth were going to a small party for Kaylee, one of our friends.

She had her official birthday bash 1 or 2 months ago but her Dad was gone for tonight so she could have a proper party.

Me and Beth were gonna stay late to help her clean up.

Fun

She was minted, and I mean everything she owned dripped with money. Her dad worked for a huge company called Rivers Royal Insurance.

He Co-managed with some other random business guy that is apparently an asshole. According to Kaylee's many dramatic retelling of stories.

Beth came back into my room in a silk purple dress. It was like the purple, less formal version of my dress for tomorrow.