Chapter 6; What do you mean 5 days?!

Heya guys! Another chapter, WOOOO!

Chapter 6; What do you mean 5 days?!

Sweetheart P.O.V

I could feel their burning gazes piercing into me as soon as William and I entered the room. The watching eyes of all of the guests has me feeling all clammy. Already I can see both our parents mingling amongst the crowd. 'I would kill for a glass of champagne to help settle my nerves right now'.

As soon as I thought that, I saw a waiter boy a few feet in front of me. I smoothly released my hand from Williams and glide over to the waiter. I reached out and grabbed a glass. "Thank you" I smile at the boy after taking a big sip of the liquid cure to my nerves.

He smiled back "You are welcome, congrats on the engagement. The dude is seriously one lucky man to have someone like you."

I tilted my head to one side "Someone like me?"

The boy shifted from one foot to another before stilling and rubbing the back of his neck. "You know.... Someone so beautiful and nice. I actually worked allot of the parties your family hosts. This one time, I dropped a whole tray of appetisers after being bumped into and was being scolded by my boss, resulting in me almost losing my job; that was, until you stepped in to explain what happened. You saved my job big time."

'I did?' "What is your name?" I asked. 

"Michael, Michael Kentworth."

"Well Michael, from what I can see, you are more that capable at your job and seem like an all round great guy. Who knows, maybe the next one to get hitched will be you" I giggled.

I see him blush and open his mouth to reply, but his mouth stays gaped and his face pales. I see he is looking behind me. I turn my head slightly and find William, glaring at Michael. William places his arm tightly around my waist and pulls me further into him. 

"Sweetheart, you ran off without saying anything to me" he says monotoned and with a bored expression. 

I smile sheepishly at him "I was grabbing a drink to calm my nerves, that is when I met this nice man, Michael here. Although, it turns out we have already met at another party my parents had hosted."

"As 'facinating' as it is to talk with the help-" William pauses after speaking in a voice that is somewhere between disgust and amusement. Weird combo I know, but that's what it sounded like. He continues "We are wanted to go and mingle with the guests

"Oh, okay" I turn my attention back to Michael. I hold out my hand in front of me "Well, hopefully I will be seeing you in the future, Michael."

"Likewise" Michael replied as reached to place his hand in mine, but shocking me, he did not shake my hand, instead he lifted it to his mouth and placed a feather light kiss on it. I could feel my cheeks heating up. 

"That is enough!" came William's voice that was sharp but not so loud to draw attention to us. He pushed me roughly behind him, causing me to nearly trip and break a bone in these heels I'm wearing. William stepped up and into Michael's personal space.

"Go do what you are meant to be doing, which is working in case your peasant mind has forgotten; and if I see you approach my fiance again tonight, you wont be able to even find a job working at Mc'Donalds. Do I make myself clear?" Williams voice was deathly low and held a edge one new not to argue with. 

Michael quickly nodded before retreating back into the crowd to continue his work. I felt so bad for the guy, mostly because this situation is my fault. William then abruptly turned around to look down at me. I didn't realise til now how much he towered over me in height, I mean, I knew he was tall, but not like this.