Chapter 20; No Place Like Home.

Wow, 2 chapters up within 2 days and still writing. Enjoy my lovelies!!! <3 J

Chapter 20; No Place Like Home.

Sweetheart P.O.V

“I don’t know about you Leo, but I am beyond tired” I sigh as we enter the Hotel suite.

“I really don’t understand how anyone is able to sit through that many interviews in one day, it is simply ludicrous! If I had to hear one more person say ‘This has always been my dream since I was a little girl’, one more time, I will shoot them” Leo states throwing his hands in the air and kicking the door closed behind him.

“It wasn’t ‘that’ bad Leo, they just all share the same dream” I point out whilst kicking my heels off my feet. “Anyway, goodnight Leo, I will see you bright an early tomorrow morning to do everything we did today again.”

I giggle as I hear Leo groan before entering his room that is on the opposite end of the lounge room to mine. I enter my bedroom and strip out of my dress before dressing in a black silk night gown. Then I slide into the bed, under the warm covers and pull out my phone.

After procrastinating for about ten minutes I speed dial William. He answers on the second ring “Hey baby”. His voice is surprisingly soft.

“Hi” I greet him timidly.

The line was silent for a moment before William broke it “How was your first day on the job?”

“It was good, tiring, but good... What about you, what did you do today?”

"I had brunch with an old friend, then worked until about an hour ago and now I am lying in bed" he explains.

"That sounds... good?" gosh why am I acting so awkwardly?!

I hear William sigh on the other end. "Sweetheart, about this morning... I'm sorry about Daniella, she has the manners of a low class man, and has the tongue of a construction worker. She is currently helping me with work and is an old friend-" he trails off.

"Oh" came my witty response. "What exactly is she helping you with?"

The line is silent for a moment, I can picture William with his adorable thinking face on right now, probably wondering how to break something to me. "She is helping me with the case" he replies lowly.

My breath hitches slightly at the remembrance that their is awful people out there who wish to hurt William, and have some weird fascination with me. "Is everything alright at home?" I ask shakily, thinking something serious must of happened for William to seek help from another.

"Everything is fine baby" he coo's me. I release a breath of relief. "Daniella is just very good at what she does and can help bring a new insight to the situation. Working with her today has already proved that."