Chapter 2: One More Search

[The scene cuts to the Meade hall, where everyone is gathered.]

Stoick: Either we finish them, or they'll finish us! It's the only way we'll be rid of them! If we find the nest and destroy it, the dragons will leave. They'll find another home! One more search. Before the ice sets in.

Viking: Those ships never come back.

Random Dragon: I agree with him. They never realize that the queen will kill them.

Hiccup and Astrid agreed.

Stoick: We're Vikings! It's an occupational hazard! Now who's with me?

Viking: Today's not good for me. I've gotta do my axe returns.

Clara & Carol: Whimps.

The adults look down in shame.

Stoick: Alright. Those who stay will look after Hiccup.

Phlegma: To the ships!

Spitelout: I'm with you, Stoick!

Hiccup: Wow, feel the love, guys.

Stoick glance at his son with an apologetic look.

Stoick: That's more like it.

Gobber: Right, I'll pack my undies.

Hiccup, Clara, and Carol facepalmed.

Clara: I'd rather get traumatized with his undies.

Carol & Hiccup: Agreed.

Gobber gave them a stern look.

Stoick: No, I need you to stay and train some new recruits.

Gobber: (Sarcastically) Oh, perfect. And while I'm busy, Hiccup can cover the stall. Molten steel, razor sharp blades, lots of time to himself... what could possibly go wrong?

Hiccup: Yeah, what's wrong with that?

Stoick: What am I going to do with him, Gobber?

Gobber: Put him in training with the others.

Hiccup: So, this is your idea!

Gobber: Sorry.

Stoick: No, I'm serious.

Gobber: So am I.

Stoick: He'd be killed before you let the first dragon out of its cage.

Gobber: Oh, you don't know that.

Stoick: I do know that, actually.

Gobber: No, you don't.

Stoick: No, actually, I do.

Gobber: No, you don't!

Astrid: Tsk. Children.

Stoick: Listen, you know what he's like. From the time he could crawl he's been... different. He doesn't listen, he has the attention span of a sparrow... I take him fishing and he goes hunting for... for trolls!

Hiccup: Trolls exist!

Clara: They steal your socks.

Carol: But only the left ones.

Hiccup, Clara, & Carol: What's with that?

This earns confused looks.

Gobber: Trolls exist! They steal your socks. But only the left ones. What's with that?

The trio hi-fived and Astrid giggles while the others are shocked about the deja vu.

Stoick: When I was a boy...

Hiccup: Oh, here we go.

Gobber: Oh, here we go.

Some chuckled while the chief starts to get jealous once again.

Stoick: My father told me to bang my head against a rock, and I did it. I thought it was crazy, but I didn't question him. And you know what happened?

Hiccup: You got a headache.

Gobber: You got a headache.

Astrid giggles as Stoick is going jealous more.

Stoick: That rock split in two. It taught me what a Viking could do, Gobber. He could-- He could crush mountains, level forests, tame seas! Even as a boy, I knew what I was, what I had to become. Hiccup is not that boy.

Gobber: You can't stop him, Stoick. You can only prepare him. Look, I know it seems hopeless. But the truth is you won't always be around to protect him. He's going to get out there again. He's probably out there now.'

Hiccup sighs.