No Brakes

(Y/n) POV

I am just laying against Charizard while everyone else is nestled around the campfire. I am half asleep when I hear-

Yang: *whisper* Blake, are you awake?

Blake: Yeah.

Yang: Why do you think he asked us why we wanted to become Huntresses?

Blake: Maybe he was just curious.

Yang: You think?

Blake: No.

Yang: Weiss, are you awake?

Weiss: Of course I am, you two are talking. And I think he..... When I said I wanted to honor my family name, I meant it. But it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done to the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took over, the company has operated in a moral gray area.

Blake: That's putting it mildly.

Weiss: Which is why I feel the need to make things right. If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of the family name and I refuse to let him be the end of it.

Blake: All my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner named, Adam, more of a mentor actually. He told me what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea for a better world turned out to be not perfect for everyone. I joined the Academy because I knew Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy, what will I- how can I undo so many years of hate?

Yang: You'll come up with something. You're not one to back down from a challenge, Blake.

Blake: But I am! I do it all the time! When you found out I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran. When I realized my partner had turned into a monster, I ran! Even my Semblance! I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself; an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away.

(Y/n): .... For me there was no choice to run away, because any crisis I was apart of ultimately led to saving the entire planet from being destroyed.

Weiss: What do you mean?

(Y/n): *exhale* Throughout my travels since I became a Poke'mon Trainer, every region I visited had some sort of group that plotted to use Poke'mon from ancient legends to either control the world, or destroy it. I got caught up in a lot of crisis situations, the groups claimed to be doing this for peace or to create a new world, but they just couldn't see the ramifications of their actions, they had given up on trying to bring harmonious relationships between people and Poke'mon. Are there messed up people, yeah, but they didn't deserve the end of the world for their actions. Though admittadly, I've thought the same at certain points in my life,*gently rubs Charizard's head* but I always had my Poke'mon to remind me of what's important. That's what keeps me fighting for my dream.

Yang: At least you three have something to strive towards. I've just always kinda gone with the flow, y'know. And that's fine. It's who I am. But how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a Huntress, not really to be hero, but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow may bring. And that'll be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby, she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid, she's wanted to be just like the heroes in the story books. Helping people, saving the day, and asking nothing in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she's trained so hard to get where she is today.