Round One

3rd Person POV

Crowds are cheering in Amity Colosseum, visitors from all over the world. In the field of volcanic earth and icy glaciers below, Ruby fires and swings her Crescent Rose at an off-screen target as Blake exchanges blows with Reese Chloris, the blades of her Gambol Shroud colliding with the hoverboard of her opponent until she flips away, readies herself, and charges in again. Behind her, Weiss waves her Myrtenastor as the sound of her mystical power is heard, and finally, Yang dodges the explosive force of Arslan Atlan's fist before returning fire with her Ember Celica.

High above the action, two familiar teachers are in the sportscaster's desk with a microphone between them and the holographic image of the four kingdoms' united as one.

Port: Hello! It seems that we have another astonishing bout ahead of us! Wouldn't you agree, Professor?

Oobleck: *annoyed* Doctor. *brightens up excitedly again* And yes Peter, I think it's safe to say this match may be the closest we've seen in the four-on-four round of the tournament.

Port: For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament, broadcast live from Amity Colosseum! *he waves his arm to gesture at the entire event from his place on the gigantic screen over the crowds*

As the teachers go over the rules of the tournament, the camera pulls out then focuses on (Y/n) in the stands wanting to watch the tournament, but, uhhh....

Scorchimp: *indistinct angry monkey screeches*

(Y/n): Ah! *grabs Scorchimp by the collar* No you don't!

Fenris: *excited barking*

Fenris starts to run but (Y/n) is quick to pick her up under his arm.

(Y/n): No! Get back here!

Snowflake: *scared* Vulpix!

Snaowflake was startled by the sudden cheer from the crowd and started to fall from the backseat of the stadium chair she was sitting on, but (Y/n) caught her by extending his left leg.

(Y/n): Got you.

Now (Y/n) is just trying to keep his balance....

(Y/n): Whew.

Spooky: Purr?

(Y/n) looks down and sees Spooky looking at his right foot then looks back at him with a devious grin.

(Y/n): *grows scared* Spooky. Please? No. Please, don't-

Spooky exposes his claws and latches onto (Y/n) leg..

(Y/n): OOOOOOOWWW!

The camera goes back to the battlefield, where Reese steers her hoverboard through the ice. She twirls herself until the board gets launched at Blake, but she's able to knock it away, only for Reese to direct it back to her opponent. Blake blocks it again, but the board rotates back to it'a wielder just in time to defend Reese as Blake delivers several slashes and kicks. Reese deflects each attack and spins her weapon around until she can flip away and ride it again, rushing towards a smirking Blake. She collides with the frozen shadow clone, and Blake uses this opportunity to slice the board in half, only for the two halves to become two katars, that in turn fold up into bayonet-bladed revolvers. Reese manages to fire pff a few green rounds before her tailbone collides painfully on the cold ground, Blake winces with sympathy.

The battle continues with Team RWBY pulling a clean sweep victory over team ABRN of Haven Academy.

Ruby: WE DID IIIIII- is anyone else starving?

The background has changed from the arena to the festival fairgrounds.

Blake: I may have worked up an appetite. *stomach growls loudly*