Trick or Treat, Freak

October 31st has always been one of the most amazing days of the year

I loved Halloween. Dressing up, watching scary movies, eating candy, enjoying the evenings at home alone and listening to all those Halloween song out there.

Even though I was kinda tempted to go to Tina's party, I still hesitated a bit.

I didn't want to meet Billy there and let's face it; Highschool parties are THE worst.

You have sweaty teenager making out literally everywhere, crappy drinks that are probably spiked and loud music that doesn't even sound good.

Nah, I'd much rather stay at home and be by myself.

I was currently on my way to the Hawkins Middleschool since I wanted to see the boy's costumes.

I spotted them at their bikes and approached them with a big smile.

"Who you gonna call?",I sang when I saw their amazing ghostbuster costumes.

"No one! The line is dead.",Mike grumbled.

I raised my brow. "What's wrong? Your costumes are amazing, Mike."

"Yeah, well, we're the only ones wearing costumes.",he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

I looked around and indeed only saw the boys wearing costumes. Everyone else was dressed in their regular clothes.

"We're such idiots.",Lucas added.

"No, you're not. You are awesome. You look incredible and you will go in there now and rock it.",I answered sternly.

"But what if they'll laugh at us?",Will asked anxiously.

"Then they're assholes. They aren't as great as you guys. They're just jealous.",I replied and smiled at the boys.

Will sighed. "I guess. Oh, before I forget it. Are you going trick-or-treating with us, Ems?"

"Of course.",I smiled. "I think Jonathan will pick me up and then we drive to Mike's place together."

"Let's hope Max isn't gonna show up.",Mike muttered annoyed.

"How are things with Max?",I asked curiously. "You don't sound thrilled."

"She's annoying." "She's awesome.",Mike and Dustin said at the same time.

"What?",the Wheeler hissed at his friend. "She is so...ugh. There isn't even a word to describe it. Horrible maybe that's a good word."

"Horrible?",I asked confused. "But she seemed really nice to me."

Lucas frowned. "You know Max?"

"I met her yesterday. Her brother and I are working on a presentation together.",I replied.

"You and her brother?",Lucas asked in disbelief. "We saw him at the arcade yesterday when he dropped Max off. They were fighting with each other like crazy people. Plus he drives like a maniac."