Trick or Treat, Freak

"Jonathan, I swear to God, I will freak out if we keep sitting here

"Jonathan, I swear to God, I will freak out if we keep sitting here. They're playing Duran Duran, you know I love them.",I complained and rolled my eyes.

We arrived at Tina's house a few minutes ago and Jonathan didn't want to get inside.

"I'm sorry.",he muttered. "I just- I'm a bit nervous. You know parties aren't usually my thing."

I smiled softly and grabbed his hand. "I know. But you're not alone. We're doing this together. Come on. It's gonna be fun. I promise."

He sighed. "Okay. Let's do this."

We entered the crowed house.
I was holding Jonathan's hand and directed us through the sweaty bodies that got pressed against mine.
The smell of sweat and alcohol immediately filled my nose.

"Ugh, can't they afford deodorant or something.",I mumbled in disgust and scrunched up my nose.

We walked further into the house until a voice stopped us.

"Nice costume.",a girl said to Jonathan.

"Huh?",he asked confused and turned around.

"Nice costume."

I giggled. "I'm in the kitchen, Jonathan. Have fun."

I left my best friend and the girl that was dressed up as a Kiss member and walked into the kitchen where I saw Steve and Nancy.

They looked like they were fighting or something.

"No, you've had enough, okay?",Steve said and tried to get her away from the bowl.

"Screw you.",Nancy slurred obviously pretty drunk.

"Nance, I'm serious. Hey! Stop!",my brother said. "Put it down."

He grabbed her hand and tried to take the cup away from her but he accidentally let go to soon.

My eyes widened when everything landed on her blouse.

The room went completely silent besides the music and everyone stared at them.

"What the hell?",Nancy muttered upset and ran away. Probably to the bathroom.

Steve quickly followed her.

I sighed and had an inner fight with myself whether I should follow my brother and Nancy or not but I decided against following them.
They needed to sort their problems out on their own.

"Emma Harrington dressed as devil. That must be the most beautiful thing that these cynical eyes have ever seen.",a voice suddenly appeared behind me.

I laughed and turned around. "You're an idiot, Eddie."

Behind me, dressed in his usual clothes, was Eddie Munson, probably one of the funniest people I've ever met.

We first met in one of our classes we shared together.
I was kinda intimidated by the boy when I saw him for the first time but now I am so grateful that I know Eddie.