Will the Wise

"Emma, you look like shit

"Emma, you look like shit.",was the first thing my brother said to me when I entered the house.

Top ten compliments a person wants to hear.

I just got home after I made sure the kids were all safe and at their houses.

During the whole car ride, I felt so bad not being able to tell Max the truth about what happened to Will.

I really liked her and didn't want to lie to her but it wasn't my job to tell her everything.
Plus I kinda sighed a paper to not tell anybody anything about what happened or else I'd go to jail.

"That so nice of you, Steve.",I mocked and rolled my eyes.

"What took you so long?",my brother asked. "Is everything alright?"

"I hung out with the boys and Max at the AV-Club.",I lied. "We've lost track of time."

I don't know if I should tell him about Will's episodes so I decided not to.

"Who's Max?"

"She just moved her. She's in the same class as the boys.",I informed him. "She broke Dustin's record at Dig Dug. Amazing, right?"

"Yeah, I won't answer that question.",my brother replied. "Because no matter what I'll say, you'll use it against me."

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle and put my backpack on the floor.

"You cooked?",I asked with a grin and raised eyebrows when I noticed my brother was eating.

He smiled proudly. "Yeah, I did. It doesn't even taste that bad. You want some?"

"You can put some of it in the refrigerator.",I grinned. "I'm going to the arcade with Max, so I'll eat later."

"By the way, do you need the car today?",I asked Steve.

He shook his head. "No, I'm staying at home. It's not like I have a place to hang out anyway."

I sighed. "So you and Nancy are done?"

"I don't know, Emma.",he muttered. "I just- I thought, you know, after everything we've been through that she would be my Forever."

"There are almost 5 billion people on this planet, Steve.",I muttered softly. "You will find your Forever. If it's not Nancy then it'll be someone else."

"Since when do you give such good advice?",the brunette asked with a weak smile.

"It's a gift.",I replied with a grin and then looked at my watch. "Crap. I have to go now."

"Oh Emma, before I forget it. Hopper called a few minutes before you came. He told me to tell you to call him as soon as you're home."

I frowned. "Did he say what he wanted."